We didn't lose to Alabama. We lost to the refs

Also Mark and Sasser had a combined 4 rebounds. Very un-Sampson like.

What I’ve concluded (in agreement with Sampson and some on here):

We’re not as good as last year rebounding. And that likely won’t change from here on out. That has to be made up for in either better shooting percentage or wildly imbalanced takeaways.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the last year three years I think we got more RBs from our four guards than our three bigs.

This year looks like it reversed.

1 Like

I thought we got up big and stopped attacking and started running clock. Then when they came back we couldn’t put it in gear.

There are always questionable calls but bad strategy cost us more

12 Likes

Moronic as well as the 2 that “liked” your post

4 Likes

Fair assessment. Last year’s team wasn’t anywhere near as good as they were March either

1 Like

Sampson gameplan impacted this loss way more than the refs.

1 Like

I like pearland’s posts. It makes me feel better about myself.

4 Likes

I like Pearland’s posts not because I agree with him but I like being in agreement with a great philosopher.

What I want to know is where does Alabama buy their refs and how much do they cost.

2 Likes

It didn’t help that they called a foul every time down the floor until they caught up.

1 Like

Sec. That’s all you need to know. When you play a sec team it comes with sec homer officials. Always been this way.

2 Likes

yep. sec motto " if your not cheating, your not trying"

Free throws had nothing to do with the loss. Alabama missed more FT than we did.

We simply stalled in the 2H of the 2H and the shots were not high percentage.

1 Like

That was the difference. They let them back into the game.

1 Like

When their guy flopped about being hit in the head and the refs reviewed only to see he wasn’t. Why wasn’t a tech issued? That was a flop. I thought I was watching the World Cup today with the Alabama flopping.

5 Likes

Better get used to it this year. At Virginia isn’t going to be friendly officiating and then we have the great AAC refs trying to send us out with a boom

1 Like

They didn’t have to buy them. They were already bought and paid for by the sec.

Not the sole reason we lost, but sure do like the tournament where there is no financial benefit for your conference to win a big game.

1 Like

We need to be the kind of team that looks at the refs an afterthought. When you shoot poorly every whistle is memorable. Just go strong and quit second-guessing. Grimes was instinctual like that. 3-14 or 12-18 it didn’t matter. When he received the ball he was going somewhere. Shead’s getting better at it but his % seems to go down when we slow it.

3 Likes

Refs were not the real issue. Looks like the coach has a substitution issue, free throws, poor shooting etc.

1 Like

The main thing that irritates me about refs is when they don’t call both halves the same. Alabama took advantage and adjusted better than us.

1 Like

Refs calls definitely favored Bama. Main issue was lack of flopping calls. But I feel we still should have won. Offense just got too stagnant and vanilla. We let Bama back in due to lack of scoring. Big men missed waaaaay too many layups and free throws.

Sasser was definitely not himself.

1 Like