We didn't lose to Alabama. We lost to the refs

I’m surprised Francis didn’t get more playing time, he could have made a difference I think

We simply need Sasser to be Sasser. We have 3 months for it to happen.

4 Likes

Refs clearly favored Bama, around 60-40 I’d say, and in particular right after we went up 15, but at the end of the day, we could and should have won. The refs were much worse last year in Alabama.

The biggest issue is that when Mark “fouled” out, our team couldn’t overcome it. We just aren’t deep enough. As the main Mark sub, R. Walker played really poorly on defense and was a total nonfactor on offense. Disappointed in Sasser, too. Could have used literally anything from him down the stretch.

Oh well. Long season and we were going to get punched in the mouth eventually. Hopefully Sharp and Arceneaux can get into the rotation because playing 7 guys deep stuff ain’t cutting it, imo.

2 Likes

Embarrassing and pathetic. Hats off to Alabama. Sure I’m pissed but blaming the refs just sucks.

3 Likes

I expect us to skid downward over the next few games. Probably lose to Virginia, lose a couple conference games, but we can’t dwell on this very long. We need one of the big guys to take the next step.

3 Likes

Just look at this game and think, this is gonna be the b12 every week. Probably why Sampson seems to favor the AAC schedule. He can develop over time without the intense physical beating the kids will take every week. That conference is gonna produce a lot more “L’s” on the schedule. Its how they operate over there.

Use the Fing glass!

1 Like

Holy hell. Some of y’all are straight up dorks. We lost a game vs a top 10 team after coming off a final four and an elite 8. Go have a beer and chill the f out morons.

7 Likes

I don’t think the loss is bad at all. I’ve stated publicly I wish we were tested like this a lot more. I think its better for us. But I didn’t think the ranking was good for us, though. Good for the fans and school but maybe not for our young guys.

3 Likes

I don’t mind getting punched in the mouth but now that’s two years in a row we have lost our most high profile game at home.
Very disappointing but we will bounce back

5 Likes

Agreed. I’m disappointed as well, but I would rather lose to a team of Alabama’s caliber (they look like a lock for the top 5, to me) than, say, Oregon or Memphis.

1 Like

Dang I just want to win a big game at home to get the students excited and coming back to all the games.

6 Likes

They’ll come back. That atmosphere was legit.

1 Like

Hit free throws and we win …

1 Like

Yes, but Bama missed a ton too. Difference wasn’t just FTs.

3 Likes

We owe out success to coach Sampson and he needs to correct one tendency in order for us to take the next step upward. We lost today because we slowed down the game after five minutes of the second half when we gave up our aggressiveness, We have made this mistake the last two years in the Elite Eight and the Final Four. At a more detailed level we did not free Marcus by not setting picks in order for him to get open. He could not get open for his shots because the Alabama player was as good at defense as I have seen in the last year. If coach Sampson turns these guys that he has put together loose we can win it all.

6 Likes

I don’t know how easy lay ups under the basket they had.

These refs were saying, “So, if you think you were beaten by the refs last year wait until you get a load of us cause we’re gonna force you to beat us and Bama at the same time! This is freaking Bama you’re playing so when you take on Bama you got to take on us as well!”

Like Coach Yeoman said, we played good enough to beat Bama a couple of times, but those refs were going to make it extremely hard to beat Bama because they were always looking to handicap you anyway they could! In a fair game the Coogs might beat Bama by 10, but with the refs bending the rules to favor Bama we have got to do better than that to beat them, maybe more like beating them by 20 in order to win to compensate for the 15 points the refs are going to give to Bama in the form of calling BS fouls against the Coogs to put Bama in the free throw line and cheating the Coogs of numerous free throws by allowing Bama to foul the Coogs with impunity numerous times! Anybody who thinks such favoritism by the refs for one team over another doesn’t affect the outcome of a game simply doesn’t know what he’s talking about! Or he is in serious denial! Even former NBA ref Tim Donaghy admitted that’s how he cheated for the Lakers over the Sacramento Kings and other teams!

I do think these refs did come to the game with the mentality that they were going to help Bama beat us! Of course, they weren’t going to outright completely win the game for Bama for that would be too obvious. They helped Bama by putting the odds in Bama’s favor by calling a lot of cheap, questionable fouls against us and on the other end allowed Bama to foul us without calling too many fouls against Bama for it. Of course, every foul that Bama got away with is a potential point the Coogs could have scored on Bama that the refs had allowed Bama to get away with. Does anybody believe the Coogs would have lost the game if the Coogs got such favoritism from the refs over Bama? I don’t think so! We have got to really dominate Bama in order to win, just being a little better than them ain’t gonna cut it because the refs’ cheating against us is too much to overcome if we’re just a little better than Bama!

That’s how these shady refs operate! The school with the big name always get all of the calls and favoritism! It’s kind of like playing against the Yankees in baseball, the strike zone for their hitters are going to be considerably smaller than the strike zone for the Astros and other teams! That’s just the way it is! How else could the Yankees win 27 World Series without some kind of favoritism? That’s nearly 25% of all World Series titles out there that the Yankees have “won!”

Speaking of the Yankees, it has been proven that MLB allowed the Yankees to use bouncier, juiced up balls in the games that Aaron Judge played in order to help him hit as many homeruns as possible when he was trying to surpass the 61 homerun mark set by Roger Maris. Apparently, they tested all of the homerun balls that he hit and they found that the balls were bouncier and could travel farther when they are hit than the regulation balls that MLB typically uses for its games. If that isn’t cheating by the league for the Yankees and Aaron Judge then I don’t know what is!

TLDR