We just played our last game

doesnt the big 12 have 4 ooc… correct me if im wrong… likely an fcs game added?

1 Like

Just 3 unless something has changed w new B12.
For ex:

I think if both our OC and DC are gone next year…. I will not shed a tear !!

1 Like

Rice is definite threat if McCaffrey and Daniels are playing.

2 Likes

Rice went 5-8 this year…

3 more wins next year 8-5

2 Likes

DHs arrogance will win out and I think everyone is back.

RB/WR and to a lesser extent the OL looks good.
How badly the staff evaluated the defense is scary headed into the B12.
Belk seemed flat out incapable of adjusting most of the time. That needs to be fixed NOW.

Could be close like 2022 but Rice plays a power game that UH matches up well against.

Everyone thought in preseason this would be a special year & we went 8-5. Next year we do bring back our entire 2-deep on the offensive line which sure helps as well as McCaskill.

2 Likes

What are you basing this off of?

Having talent is great, but as the Aggies learned this year, you need an OC that can utilize the talent to score points. If we don’t replace Dawson or if Dana doesn’t add any wrinkles to the offense we won’t put up enough points to win many games in the B12.

3 Likes

A more difficult schedule and uncertainty at QB moving forward.
Not to mention our recruiting will have to ramp up to compete.

We are playing the TCU, Baylor, Tech, OK State, K-State, Kansas, Iowa State, WVU, UT, OU, UCF, Cincy, and BYU in the next couple of years.
I don’t see any automatic wins at all and we have not beaten UCF, Cincy, or BYU in the past few years.

Talk about being a prisioner of the moment, eh lol.

Struggling to beat a lowly Louisiana team albeit freezing weather and some sort of home field advantage since the game was played in Louisiana! @Joprior23 should stick to basketball.

1 Like

Dana should at least fired the play calling OC.

Not saying Belk or him aren’t at fault but the O disappearing too many times early in the season must been a buzz kill for the rest of the team.

2 Likes

Yeah, but there is something about playing that higher tier of competition in a packed house at TDECU that elevates their game. Yes, we lost on the road to Tech in OT and we got handled by KU, but I see us playing up a notch due to the hype and CDH having experience at that level. Are we going to go 9-3? Probably not, but it’s not out of question we finish 7-5 again.

We’re gonna be fine.

Hey man, we’re in the Sunbelt now, right? I say 7 wins should be our minimum goal.

As I understand it from the statement issued by the BOR, with better recruiting THEN the coaching is better.

Consider it done. Written in stone. No more worries. No more running it up the middle on every 3rd or 4th and 1. No more looking like a totally dysfunctional, undisciplined team.

It all makes sense now. New conference. New, better recruits. It’s more than apparent that the players love CDH. It only makes sense that the coaching will be better.

1 Like

Oh, my bad.

We will be 0-12 next season. Probably get beat by at least 3 touchdowns per game.

Better?

11 Likes

Pez told us to have low expectations like him. Its like your wife buying a 300,000 dollar sports car and throwing in the extended warranty for 20 million dollars. Then she tells you the motor was dredged from the bottom of Lake Como. At least we’re in the Aston Martin Drivers Club though.

2 Likes

I wonder what happened to getting under center on short distance situations?

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1606681806371454976?t=DbnxEMFmKsTblnPqK6_9Hw&s=19

12 Likes

I mean CDH’s record in the Big 12 isn’t dominating either.