We just played our last game

The field has the BigXII logo on it.

Field looks real nice!! Only if we get rid of the Kentucky ripoff logo and go with this one:

Remember Joseph publishing something about adopting uniformity for school logo. Hopefully Kentucky rip-off isn’t it.

1 Like

Beautiful sight to be hold after decades in the wilderness and scratching and clawing, UH has finally back where it belongs with the big boys and the big money. Go Coogs!

3 Likes

Dont forget he coached in the Big 12 when OU was a juggernaut for several years and before Briles sunk the ship Baylor was very dominant as well. Not an excuse but have to take into context the level of teams he was playing at WVU in Morgantown.

We win the 3 OOC and hopefully 3 others, anything more is gravy in year 1.

But, think of the added $$$$

3 Likes

So where are a few of the stadium renovations or buildouts that are supposed to be taking place and completed by summer’s end.

I can live with 7-8 wins the first few years…especially with basketball going off as a top 10 team annually. We need to support the team either way. We are in a difficult in between situation… not great but not horrible. It would be risky to make a drastic change. Recruiting has been so-so as well and we can not afford to lose the talent we do have. Get MHP + 1-2 others we have a top 40 recruiting class.

If CDH has not progressed in a couple years then we know we will make a change once we are established in the XII.

3 Likes

We will rise to the B12 level just like CBY did going into the SWC.It is mostly the same teams from back then.In fact, back then they made it plain that they did not want us in their conference at all !
Some things never change.We will be fine in the B12.
Go Big 12 Coogs !

2 Likes

Kansas?

I think I would need context…I’m down for firing him at 7-6 next year … but I’d need the full context

To me it’s not about the record but the momentum (which starts now… in recruiting)… if we are 7-6 with a 5star qb and 5star de commited I’d want Dana back

If we are 7-6 with no notable recruiting… I’m down to fire Dana …
the biggest factor in keeping a coach is hope… the fact that we talking about 7 wins for a couple seasons being okay is the sign there is little hope

With most fan bases there should be unrealistic optimism in the offseason…the fact normally overtly optimistic fans are saying they are hoping for 7wins shows where we are…

2 Likes

We are we have always been, including the old SWC where he had wonderful years and had some dismal ones. One thing to watch out for is UT/A&M if we begin to grow, keep/take recruits from them, win more, get ranked hire, then watch for the investigations.

3 Likes

That would be the Kentucky rip off.

1 Like

When I saw that we were getting kids transferring from UT ans Tech and then the early commitments that signed with the Coogs over UT, A$M, Baylor, OU, LSU, and even a Georgia offer I immediately thought that is the Big 12 teams worst nightmares and a glimpse into the future for them. The exact reason they ditched us when SWC fell and refused to add UH to the Big12 for decades until they were basically forced too.

2 Likes

West Virginia is on an island in the conference. What leverage did he have recruiting in the Big 12 when they are geographically nowhere near the rest of the schools in Texas, OU and the Midwest?

I’m not trying to make excuses or be an apologist for CDH’s underachieving season, but Houston is a way better spot to recruit and have success than WV.

Look, CDH is no Luke Fickell and I definitely have my doubts about his ability to lead us to a Big XII title and a playoff birth, but people on this board need to stop with the narrative that we absolutely have to take momentum into the conference and build on that or it’s doomsville for the program.

Why does it have to be this false dichotomy of success or failure?

Last I checked TCU had all this momentum going into the Big XII (2 or less losses 6 out of 7 seasons in MWC) and immediately suffered mediocrity their first two season before turning it around in 2014. But when you look at their resume as a whole, they’ve mired in .500 seasons 7 out of 11 times as a Big XII member. Does any of that matter to them right now? I don’t believe so.

2 Likes

the recruiting counter is that dana hasnt exactly been tearing it up in the aac either… his 1st 3 classes werent notable even by the aac standard… his 4th class was with transfers but we were recruitng as a big 12 team in te aac, by big 12 standards it wasnt great… i think we’ve brough in “more” recruits than ucf and cincy but they are killing us in how touted their recruits are (in the same boat) …so has smu who isnt even going to the big 12… note wvu started recruiting better after dana left

https://twitter.com/wesleyshoe/status/1436349528207093770

everything you said about wvu, ive said myself when he was 1st hired…but not sure i buy that anymore

and i dont get your tcu point, i think you are getting at “momentum does mean much” look at tcu…when that same tcu point is stronger for the other side…tcu came in a great team and fell to 7 wins, how are we going to do coming in with just medicore team… tcu is proof why its tougher to win games in the big 12…

1 Like

My bad. Kentucky

We’re B12 I figure Dana got one or two years max to make it work here. Imo personally I hope he does. He’s got warts, but who doesn’t.

I looked it up once and if iirc we had the phat logo before uk had their fat logo, and we switched to our current before they did. Perhaps they are copying us :grinning:

TCU had been up and down…much like I think we will be. WVU has not been succesful on the field under Neal Brown…Dana had a better run.

Fan support is already off the rails. If we have a couple more years of CDH the only fans will be opposing teams buying season tickets.

5 Likes