We’re getting ripped online

I will admit to being shocked when I saw your stadium on TV last week. I get that UH is a commuter school in a large metro but to have such a small crowd in a stadium that seats less than 40K is not a good look. Especially with a ranked team and a program that has recent success. Not bragging (yeah, I’m bragging) but K-State played Tulane two weeks ago in an 11:00 game when the temp was 90F at kickoff and 100F by the end of the game. Attendance was over capacity (50K) at 51K plus and most stayed for the entire game. We were there and it was hot as you-know-what!

Really hope you get the attendance thing fixed. And really hope we can get over the Fritz jinx and win Saturday. We have season tickets but can’t make it because of my HS reunion in KC Saturday but our seats will be full with Purple friends.

FWIW the Manhattan, KS SMSA is around 140,000 and most fans drive an hour or two to games. We drive about 5.5 hours from SW MO but we are kinda extreme. But we make a weekend of it staying with a good friend from our student days in the 70s who recently moved back to Manhappiness - yeah we’re old.

Safe travels to those of you traveling to the Little Apple and good luck with the attendance thing.

7 Likes

Hope we can have this culture one day for UH Football.

I feel like most big football school fans drive multiple hours to get to the stadium and don’t give a crap how hot it is.

4 Likes

Hopefully you don’t. Willie doesn’t like purple

You’ll be glad that you missed this one. Welcome to the forum

Johnny - I suppose you’re kidding about diversity not affecting UH’s ability to build its fan base.

Without exception, if you watch any major college football program in the nation that has 80-100K fans in the stands at their home games, the folks in the stands are mostly white. Just look closely at your TV screen during those games and see for yourself. Don’t let your eyes deceive you.

So nearly every one of those schools have ~20-30K full-time undergraduate white students while UH only has ~6K full-time undergraduate white students. And those students represent the largest source for building and replenishing each such school’s football fan base.

Johnny - you & I have been attending UH games for ~50 years now, and we can both see that a large majority of fans from our generation are white like both of us. It is what it is.