Week 12 - games to watch!

You have me confused with someone else. haha

Did I say they wouldn’t make the tourney? Or did I push back on your statement that all four of the bottom teams in the Big 12 would be 7-10 seeds if they played in the American. Reality is that 8-9 of the 10 Big 12 teams will be in good position to make the tournament at the midway point in conference play. Can’t tell me it’s harder to make the tournament playing in the Big 12 than the AAC.

they have to play each other… someone by default of playing each other will not make the tournament… 7 for sure, maybe8…even though we’ve seen enough games to say that 8th or 9th team are good enough…

“tell me it’s harder to make the tournament playing in the Big 12 than the AAC.” im tellIng you that… its illogical to think otherwise…
you are equating that big 12 having 8-9 teams good enough to make the tourney on the big 12 (That is because big 12), not the fact that big 12 has 8-9 teams good enough to make the tourney (imo all 10)…

we are talkng “Quality of team” not “value of big 12 win”… 10 nba players and an nba team saying they are only taking 7 from that bunch, and a d3 team and the NBA saying theyre taking 2 from the d3 bunch, your path is easier going through the d3 route…all your point are they are taking 7 player from that group and only 2 from this group…
you legtimately think ucf without durr and johnson would beat oklahoma…

1 Like

Miss St over TCU makes the fourth unranked over ranked upsets in the Big 12 challenge. All the unranked teams were at home. Creighton also knocked off ranked Xavier at home and Pitt beat a ranked Miami team at home as well. It’s tough to win on the road. The opportunity to play quality teams at home is huge for teams on the bubble trying to build a tournament resume. Major conferences have this in spades of leagues like the AAC.

2 Likes

If Tennessee beats Texas we probably stay at 3 and Tennessee moves into the 2 slot…

Yup, in the AAC getting anymore than 3 Q1 chances in conference play would be miraculous

Meanwhile Purdue and K-State already has 5 conference Q1 wins

1 Like

Tough to get Q1 opps and the ones you do get are almost always on the road.

1 Like

again why s q1 important… we are a comfortable 1 seed, comfortable #1 in the net …with our miraculous 3 q1 games

4-1 actually in Q1 games which is actually the 2nd highest win percentage in Q1 games among teams that have played more than like 3 Q1 games. We’re also 5-0 in Q2 games and we benefit from a perception boost, as you pointed out the other day, that comes from our past tournament success. The quadrants definitely matter. Not sure why you’d say otherwise when it’s been a talking point every single year since they made the NET.

2 Likes

we were 0-1 in q1 games last year entering selection sunday… we were top 5 in the NET

And received a 5 seed. Thanks for making my point.

Edit: By the way we actually had 2 q1 wins. An insane W/L record, past success, and killer advanced metrics and still received a 5 seed

2 Likes

Because the committee values Q1 more than NET. We are higher ranked in NET than Purdue and Bama yet they are near locks for the 1 line yet one stinker vs Temple has removed a good chunk of margin of error for us to still be a 1. Kansas has lost 3 in a row and would probably need to lose their next 2 to NOT be a consensus 1 seed.

Providence was seeded higher than us despite us being much higher in NET mainly due to their 6 Q1 wins to our 0.

Again becuase perception… we had lost 2 of our top 4 players… perception is the biggest factor in any committee based seeding/ranking…
that why in football you need 2 years to have a shot at the playoff as a g5… every year is supposed to be separate but in reality the1st year sets perception

1 Like

Why would they let Kansas State wear purple and Florida blue lol

Another thing is that most teams on our OOC actually performed to expectation levels this year, while last year only Wisconsin played to what was expected or punched above their weight.

Had we lost to UVA I highly doubt we are on the 1 line. Even had we not lost to Temple last week.

1 Like

Anyway, #24 Clemson about to lose on the road at unranked FSU.

i dont think thats the case … ucla and arizona (from the pac12) were high seeds with limited q1 games…its perception not q1…

2 Likes

Perception is a factor. Perception is also linked to conference affiliation.