Week 4 Bowl Projections

Some of the posters here are the epitome of fair weather fans, and then appear to want to boast about it. If it’s not an NY6 bowl or at least against a P5 school you won’t bother? You will fly to Atlanta or Phoenix, but won’t take the short trip to the Metroplex because the match up or bowl is not prestigious enough?

Oh, and let’s not venture north of I-10 because the weather may not be perfect. Did your mama ever teach you how to dress? Try investing in some waterproof, windproof gear. Or if you don’t want to spend the money, just layer up and go for the big Hefty garbage bag if a poncho is out of your price range. Jeez, what a bunch of wusses.

2 Likes

Man, that game was epic. I can’t believe you would risk missing out on something like that just because you have to wear a coat and/or poncho.

1 Like

As a G5 unless you get that one NY6 bowl slot, its not so great bowl here we come

look at their opponents when they didn’t go to a new years 6 bowl.

I’m less concerned about the name of bowl than I am with the opponent. Lately, the 2nd place MW team is more than we can handle. If we don’t make the NY6, maybe we’d do better playing a 6-6 P5 team!

3 Likes

Lived there for 6 years in Omaha. Nobody schedules anything during Huskers games to include weddings, birthdays, and extracurricular sports.

2 Likes

It’s about value for your dollar. Taking off work to drive in potentially crappy weather to sit and watch a scrimmage in the cold and or rain. I sat through the Pitt game and was glad I did, but I probably wouldn’t drive further than Dallas or somewhere reasonably close in Louisiana for filler bowl.

It’s not that people can’t do it, but what’s your time worth to be miserable? In the old days when bowls were at a premium sure, but the bowl system is a joke now. Of course people would fly to a destination where you can do things with the family. I think packing up the family to drive to Mobile for example is a tough sell.

1 Like

Bless your heart! You want to act so rough and tough. Fact is, I’ve done enough cold weather bowls. Guess what? They suck. Too cold to do anything but stay inside. Miserable for the game. Sorry, my first was 1976 and my last was the Ft Worth Bowl, I’m done with them. South of I-10 is Florida, NOLA and the Bahamas, I’ll go there. Just so you know, I don’t go anywhere I can’t sit (outside) by the pool with an umbrella drink in my hand. I grew up in the North and want nothing to do with anything that resembles winter. If you want to go see Toledo in Frisco on a Wednesday in the rain/sleet/ice be my guest. I just refuse to spend over a grand to be miserable. Been there, done that and even have an autographed football.

3 Likes

I don’t think USF will want to stay home for a bowl game. And I sure don’t want to go to the Frisco bowl. But then I think we will be in the championship game against UCF and if they get to a New Years day bowl then we will wind up in Birmingham which would be the best one available to us.

Wrong; you can go to the pumpkin patch, too.:sunglasses:

That game.was awesome, the weather couldn’t even ruin rhat day

This

Omaha had the best Czech restaurant in the U.S. twenty-five years ago!

If the Frisco Bowl wasn’t in the middle of the week it wouldn’t be quite as bad.

yes it would

I have the Coogs in the Peach Bowl vs LSU.

1 Like

Dorito and Applewhite have a unique way of lowering our expectations…even with a Heisman candidate. We’re already resigned to Frisco, TX on a Wednesday.

It’s still a bad bowl and uninteresting opponent in coldish weather, but from my perspective a reasonable drive and opportunity to catch up with folks I know in Dallas and check out Holiday at the Park at Six Flags or something would make it halfway conceivable to attend. There’s almost no chance I’d take off a day and a half or two days from work to go to it though. I’m guessing some folks would probably have a somewhat similar thought process, though sounds like you wouldn’t go under any circumstances.

the only trip to dallas this year i plan on making is vs smu.

That trip to Lubbock didn’t end well, see you got outta there in one piece.