Weekly breakdown on UH's NCAA tournament bid - 29 Jan 17

All WAGs !

I’d rather be a 10 or 11 than a 8 or 9. But I won’t complain as long as we get to the dance and show up in game one.

Fire Sampson!

2 Likes

The Cougars have gone 12-6 in the American now for two consecutive seasons without getting an NCAA bid out of that deal. This year 
 could be yet another close call. Houston would likely be in the field if the season ended today, and home wins over Arkansas and Wichita State should stand Kelvin Sampson’s team in good stead. That being said, a win at home over Cincinnati next week would spin the entire season on its axis for the Cougars.

2 Likes

Even better would be to start with Win at Home against SMU. Need to go 3-0 with next 3 gms at home. Playing at Memp, Temple will be very tough gms.

3 Likes

A voice of reason.

46. Houston Cougars
The Cougars are great on the offensive glass and play their tails off for Kelvin Sampson. But Houston does not get to the foul line enough – and it puts opponents on the stripe too much. Houston is good, but the margin for error is thin. The best wins are against Arkansas and Wichita State.

If anyone is interested Joe Lunardi’s latest bracketology projections just got released earlier today.

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?iteration=223&region=2&year=2018

Cinci as a 2 seed, that’s pretty good.

I see 3 teams from the AAC including UH in a play in game with USC. There are still games left to be played but we are one of the last teams in. All of the upsets in other conferences having an impact? We have some tough games ahead.

So many moving parts. The RPI Forecast has moved us into 33 (up several spots) while Lunardi is moving us down. We got a few weeks to clear this all up.

Lunardi is biased for the bigger leagues

2 Likes

Unfortunately, so is the tournament committee. I think the AAC gets at least three in though.

1 Like

Those sites that rely on the metrics “think” much more highly of UH