Weekly breakdown on UH's NCAA tournament bid - 29 Jan 17

Coogs are up to 41 in this mornings RPI on CBS Sports. That is very close to, if not already in, lock range. Road game at SMU and the Cincy game here will both help that number. If the Coogs take two of three from Cincy and SMU they will be playing for seeding come conference tourney time.

3 Likes

33 ESPN BPI
35 KenPom

TeamRankings has us as a 7-seed with 90% chance of making Tourney

5 Likes

Lookin’ good! Hope to see most of you folks (and a whole lot more) at the SMU game this Thursday evening.

2 Likes

While i agree that we are probably in, we need to finish strong which includes a couple in the AAC Tourney to get the highest possible dance seed. I would hate to be playing a 1,2, or 3 seed in the first round.

1 Like

That wouldn’t be likely. We won’t get in the tourney as as 14,15, or 16 seed.

1 Like

#1👏

RPI forecast has us at 35 now (not counting any Sunday games).

They still expect us to lose three more games, but we’re favored in all but 2.

3 Likes

Every time I look at this thread, that stupid Tulane loss hurts a little more. If not for that one conference loss, we would be ranked right now and a complete lock for the tourney. Still can’t believe we lost that game. We need to beat them by 20 at home to show that loss was an aberration. That may be more for my own peace of mind than for tourney considerations, but I stand by it.

On top of that, we need to beat them by 30 in football next year for good measure.

2 Likes

That game should’ve never been played based on the circumstances.

6 Likes

You are correct

This! At least that road loss should help keep the Sunday game from being a trap game between SMU and Cincy. Don’t get me wrong – I would rather have the trap game and a make up game / no game than the road loss but I am looking for the silver lining. The two disappointing losses can be explained with 2nd game of year with a lot of new faces (Drexel) and ridiculous game-day travel / schedule (Tulane). And, as bad as they played in those two games, they still had a shot in both games.

2 Likes

Dance Card

The first list from the Dance Card is out for 2018. These guys are really good. They have an outstanding track record picking the field.

The Pack and the Coogs are 42 and 41 respectively with the last team in at 47. That is danger territory if you have some conference tourney upsets that add teams to the pool. Both teams have chances to improve their position and both can hurt other bubble teams by doing so.

1 Like

The loss to Drexel is Houston’s worst loss this season.

yep
and people need to quit making excuses about the tulane game. we didnt show up period. we should have won and we didnt.

Yep and people need to stop acting like the Tulane game was just like every other game and didn’t require the team to be delayed in their departure and fly in just in time for their game because hours earlier it was deemed unsafe to fly.

See how that works? You just say it in a dismissive tone like you are a know-it-all and it makes it true.

Go Coogs!

713 clueless. Team arrived in New Orleans about 2 1/2 hours before the game

yawn

Lunardi has us as an 11 seed in the East playing in Dallas against Seton Hall. Yes, please. I’d make the drive for that.
http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?iteration=220&region=1&year=2018

Jerry Palm has us as an 11 seed in the East playing in Nashville against Michigan.

FOX has us as a 9 seed against Gonzaga out West

https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/960589554355912704

https://twitter.com/jordan_korphage/status/960651702591467525

17. Houston (15): Do yourself a favor and watch Rob Gray at some point this season. He’s having a special season. Now, the Cougars couldn’t hold off Cincinnati’s surge, but the Cougars definitely had the Bearcats nervous. But then Houston followed that up by splitting the road trip and winning at UCF. Home games against SMU and Tulane this week should keep the Cougars on pace to finish as high as second in the American.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/960608026809044992