What are you most excited about with UH jumping to the Big 12?

I have have no choice.

The critics keep complaining.

So their complaints will continue to be refuted.

call out posts like this are so odd to me… numerous posts/posters essentially said there were no negatives in moving to the big 12, and indirectly called me out saying its crazy that certain people think otherwise… i know you saw them because you liked all of them…

posts like this are what seem juvenile to me… your likes clearly show your opinion, and then overall come at anyone with legtimate points that counter your opinion, and not about their points themselves but “why are they posting” at all…

i felt the same way with the rhoades topic, the posters that started complaining about why we were talking about this, when i directly quoted sampson that rhoades was why he was here, were the exact same posters who liked the post that said he had absolutely nothing to with why he was here… you guys dont actually care about the posts, but that it contradicts your own opinion

I believe there is a collective sigh of relief among UH fans that the G-5 nonsense is finally behind us.

Should have been done long ago.

6 Likes

When we throw down on Kansas.

I guess if you consider better competition a negative. We aren’t afraid of losing games. If we lose more no big deal.
Glad you at least see that it is great for football.
Sure hate to see Baylor, Kansas, tcu, TT and. more coming here to FC to play each season.

I don’t think expansion at the Fertitta Center is even possible. I wish it had been built with 10,000 capacity.

2 Likes

Well we need the lower capacity bc a Tuesday or weekday game draws less

I was told on the tours during construction that capacity could not be increased, and that 7,000 seats would be all we would ever need. I asked what the plan was if we ever got in a bigger conference and the demand went up. Was told that would be a good problem to have.

1 Like

Tilman said early in the process that having a smaller gym is a great scenario for a school like UH. Cost effective, easy to maintain. He said you make money with higher demand and less expenses. I know we want to say we have a 12,000 seat gym but the reality is Fertitta is perfect for us.

Now, in regards to training and development facilities its a different matter.

No more gray seat excuses.

2 Likes

I was told there weren’t any plans in the FC model for expansion.
My thought is capacity can be increased some by reconfiguring the floor seating, adding some over the tunnel area and adding a few in the current camera area once they are moved to the opposite side.

THIS . . . . .

1 Like

That gray seat issue is aggravating as Hell

Agreed. But we cannot pin our athletic future on strictly what Sampson wants or prefers. Granted I’m worried about the coach that comes next. If we can transition from Sampson to the next coach and continue to make deep tournament runs… we can start to make a case for us being a new blood.

We know who the new coach is.

It would be a shock if the next coach isn’t also a Sampson.

And given that Sampson’s first Final Four team was a Big Eight team (OU), it’s ABSURD to think that either Sampson has an issue with us being in the Big 12.

4 Likes

For me is the football side more than basketball. Getting to play Baylor, Texas Tech & TCU at home is pretty awesome for attendance.

Basketball is there regardless… Maybe because of the success we had lately.

1 Like

Personally I think it helps BBall just as much if not more due to the fact that the Big 12 is currently the #1 BBall conference.

You think UH won’t have great BBall rivalries with recent champs/finalists like Kansas, Baylor, and Tech?

Come on now.

1 Like

The only thing i could see for them to expand Fertita Center is the club section behind our bench. Rip those seats out and turn it more condensed seating.

The standing student section, add rows of seats there, possibly.

Any other thoughts on how FC could expand?

Im not saying that. Im just more excited for the football conference schedule. Its going to help attendance and recruiting thru the roof.