What could UH do to realistically improve gameday experience at TDECU

Now that we’re Big 12, they’re going to need to step up

7 Likes

Music, concessions, apparel, and intro video are a start.

8 Likes

Bring back the local craft beer options

27 Likes

Full stadium and a competitive football team.

18 Likes

I hate the artificial tailgating we got around the stadium (on Cullen). Should be organic, look back to the Robertson days. Man we could party. Even the LSU guys said so and thats something!

I realize the stadiums changed orientation has alot… everthing to do with that but how about we ask the state for some funding in order to relocate UHPD with a better facility and expand the current parking lot.

But winning may help here as well so we’ll see. :thinking:

15 Likes

There is no substitute for rears in seats.

3 Likes

Have a dedicated area for higher end food trucks and pop-up restaurants . Some great variety and great flavors. Could throw in a beer garden or two !
Go Coogs… BBQ BEVO !

8 Likes

Move the Alumni Association tent next to CP tent and make it a larger space. Two lines formed for food and for beverages

Live music

Learn how to use the CP QR code for concessions

Local craft beer vendors

Make a tailgate row down Holman or Cullen with BBQ, pizza, pizza, burger, wing, and beer vendors with their food trucks.

Advertise the sh*t out of our traditions with banners of the Frontiersman, Shasta & the Houston Zoo,

6 Likes

Not a bad thought on the extra parking at that area of campus. That space is prime for students and events at TDECU.

I’ve said it before but I would like to see UH include a permanent structure in its plans for an outdoor event stage and lots of tvs showing other games on during the tailgates. Also, a space for an outdoor beer garden like at the new Raiders Stadium in Vegas.

We need hydration stations, shade, and fans (misting) in this space!

While I’m dreaming, how about an outdoor water feature like a lazy river!

3 Likes

Build out the shell space up on the third deck homeside with restrooms and at least a beverage concession

14 Likes

Air condition the restrooms.

13 Likes

Bring back Waffle Bus.

6 Likes

Turn two of the huge stairwells on the home side in to escalators for the older and younger fans. Plus there has to be a way to add another elevator to the upper decks that can enter from main councourse.

6 Likes

That was a trevesty they are no longer at TDECU. That was probably one of the most busiest and profitable concession in the stadium. They replaced it with some generic Fry Hut concept that are just regular fries around the stadium.

Win

2 Likes

Crowds of 72,000 in Rice Stadium and 52,000 in The Astrodome were great Game Day experiences.

5 Likes

One of very few reasons to come to Houston is for the food. It’s a travesty that Turkey Leg Hut, Waffle Bus, etc. have left the stadium. This is H-Town!

Make TDECU the ultimate stadium food mecca - beyond what is available anywhere else in the Big 12.

Give the radio/TV announcers free food from these places and word will get around.

Figure out how to get people through the ticket lines quickly too.

13 Likes

AC for the bathrooms. Those things are punished already.

Also, build out space for more restrooms and concessions for the brave souls on the upper levels.

I sit in the lower bowl, but I feel for those folks. Its just the right thing to do. Lets put some meat on this big skeleton we call TDECU, the bones are great.

5 Likes

Some sort of shade system like this, on a bigger scale.

15 Likes