What could UH do to realistically improve gameday experience at TDECU

Well trained concession staff. I feel like we are losing money because people see the lines and just decide not to wait.

3 Likes
  1. The concessions issue has been a problem at every single venue I’ve been to over the past year and a half.

2. Do y’all have a dedicated area for students to tailgate? Tech started doing that about 20 years ago and it’s been a massive hit.

Yes we do. 50 yards from the stadium. Watch out 15-20 minutes before the game. You might get trampled by students running AWAY from the stadium.

1 Like

Lights need to turn on and off after scoring TDs during night games

2 Likes

Kill the Blaze. Just fooking kill that thing. It sounds like we’re strangling some goat or something. Use traditional cannons or an actual air raid siren than that shite. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Bring back the WAFFLE BUS!!!

1 Like

Tilman is our main donor
He is Mr. Hospitality
We have the Conrad Hilton Hotel Management school.
Is Hilton synonymous with hospitality?

IS THIS ROCKET SCIENCE?
WHAT GIVES?

For crying out loud. Get both involved one way or another. Any which way they can be involved will be a major home run for our game day experience.

Another point:
This is the time…again…to contact every single school mate, alums, U of H fan. Get them to consider going to our cage. One more butt in the cage is one more yelling U of H fan.

2 Likes

Why does this thread give me a sense of deja vu?

I do like the food truck idea.

Not sure about neighborhood parking examples mentioned as with other schools. Something about parking in the neighborhood on the other side of Yates HS and leaving my car for hours and walk back late at night sounds a little risky. Luckily there are not 80,000 seats to fill so LSU may not be a good comparison as above…

Yes there is a student tailgate area on the east side of the stadium.

It really drowns out the band playing the touchdown song.

1 Like
  1. Stadium store must return and be open.
  2. Campus and off campus bars are open.
  3. Build a grove like Ole Miss
  4. Seat cards for games
  5. Win
2 Likes

The tailgating took a major hit when we built the IPF.

1. Make tailgating around campus easier.
  2. Turn the area around the stadium into a corporate sponsored tailgating area. Different restaurant tents, different sports bar tents (including tvs to watch games). live music etc.
  3. Bathrooms on the 300 level. My seats are in the 300 area, I still move around very well so it isn’t huge issue for me to go up and down the cheese grater steps, but I see other people struggling with that.
  4. advertise how easy it is to park downtown and take the train to the game.

If your customer just wants the game experience and wants ease of ingress and egress the only way they can achieve that is if they park downtown.

If the customer wants a tailgating experience but doesn’t have group or all the accessories, then we have to create the tailgating experience en masse for them

If the customer is an experienced tailgater, we have to make that easier and convenient for them. We had a great tailgate experience before the IPF. Now it is a pain in azz.

College football isn’t about a 3-4 hour experience but we are situated in a city that is used to a 3-4 hour experience for their sports, so we have to give them what they want.

The 3rd Ward is changing and no matter how anyone feels about it, the dirt is situated between downtown and the med center. It aint staying low to mod income for ever (or much longer). When that happens our stadium and arena will be a nice draw.

9 Likes

I am sure I am in the minority on this thread, but I go to the games strictly to watch football. I liked it when the band was the entertainment, not some blaring rap “music” and this whole disc jockey thing is a joke that should be offensive to our band.

As for the concession stands, get them all open and have them well stocked; there is no excuse for running out of water or drinks.

I do agree with having restrooms and some kind of concessions for the upper stands. The reason I don’t sit on upper home side is the climb and lack of facilities. I am getting too old to make the climb and my bride wouldn’t even think about it.

There is no reason people can’t tailgate in the parking lots all over the campus. Above posts mention LSU and that is what Tiger fans have been doing forever. You don’t have to be lumped into one spot, you should be with your friends and family.

13 Likes

Advertise to the kids. If we want a Big XII worthy program, we need a fan base that will support it like one.

1 Like

Pretty simple really. 3 steps.

1. Staffing
  2. Training
  3. Accountability/Follow up
1 Like

Details. So many times UH fails at the details that make a difference between a good experience and a bad one.

Water. UH should allow fans to bring in 1 unopened bottle of water, especially during September and October. I remember one super hot day at The Rob UH was handing out bottles of ice water as fans entered the stadium.

Better traffic control after the games. Holman should be one way west from the handicap exit and one way east from the orange exit. Police should be there to help keep traffic moving.

Food. Houston is one of finest food cities in the world but you would never know it at our stadium. hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken nuggets don’t really cut it. Where is the great BBQ, Oriental food, Indian and South Asian food. How about some carney food like kettle corn, corn dogs, fried Twinkies, or gyros. If UH is going to charge P5 prices then provide P5 amenities.

3 Likes

If you’ve ever been to Baton Rouge, the neighborhood surrounding Tiger Stadium is quite similar, maybe worse in appearance. Yates HS student groups (ROTC, etc.) have been running parking lots on gameday since TDECU was built. All the lots in the first two blocks (across Scott and the next street) are convenient and pretty safe due to the high amount of traffic and security during games.

7 Likes

Unpopular opinion:

Expand the student section

9 Likes

Where are these hot restrooms? I only hear about it on coogfans, and don’t recall ever having an issue with the restroom temp. I only visit the restrooms on the NE side on the stadium is that the issue?

1 Like

First and foremost there has to be an emphasis on solid guest experience fundamentals. So proper staffing, quick service, and quality execution. There are no excuses for long wait times in lines, cold food, etc. No one is expecting Michelin star restaurant stuff but what we do have should be properly executed in an efficient manner. It won’t get people talking to come to the games but it will prevent any additional negative word of mouth issues.

After that things can be added that I think would enhance the experience at TDECU. Like having loval food truck pop ups in spots, different local breweries getting a choice beer spot on different game days. Things that enhance our connection to the city. But none of that matters if we can’t get people a hot dog and soda/beer in a quick manner.

2 Likes