What could UH do to realistically improve gameday experience at TDECU

One thing that would help build UH is if UT and A&M lower acceptance rates to where only around 45,000 students attend instead of the 60,000+ they have now.

The huge student sections make a difference on game days for the schools with 50,000+ students similar to the SEC and Big 10 schools.

1 Like

Lower acceptance rates? :laughing:

Every student that enrolls brings $$. Schools are always looking to bring in more of both.

Most SEC schools actually hover around 30k students, and even then they usually place limits on student tickets. A&M’s student ticket allocation is an extreme outlier.

I mean Rice, Harvard, Stanford can’t accept every one who applies.

They all end up at UH/UT/A&M, MIT/Boston College, or at Cal-Berkeley.

UT and A&M don’t accept everyone who applies, either. Rice, Harvard and Stanford aren’t state schools, so I’m not sure that’s a worthwhile comparison, anyway.

My point is that there’s no chance any state schools (in Texas, for sure) are going to intentionally reduce enrollment. They all have “growth plans,” not “smaller but better plans.” :slightly_smiling_face:

Our tailgate group donor level qualifies for garage parking and we request from CP to downgrade to the green lot in order to have a tailgate. Just work with CP and they will accommodate.

We have “Party on the Plaza” along Cullen from Wheeler to the stadium. These tents are the current pavilions for different alumni groups. I suggest becoming a U of H Alumni Life member. This gets you (+3 guests) free admission to the Life Member tent which has complimentary food and drinks, including alcohol.

2 Likes

I’ve downgraded my stadium to green lot with a call to CP several times.

1 Like

Still voting for some kind of a roof.

I hate to say close tailgates as I think that is a bad idea since it kills the after game fun plus it is a negative attitude.

Instead, I really want to see a way to get people in that is for positive reasons. Would love to see a “tailgate” or pregame party area inside the stadium. Set up TVs of other games and scores, have the margarita section set up there and maybe a specialty food item sold only pregame. Maybe a BBQ tent for brisket and chicken that closes down at kickoff. Get a good place to do it so it brings people in early. Also helps with people complaining there are lines entering the stadium because they all wait until 5 minutes before kickoff.

I think this is something that could be done easily before September.

The beauty of the pavilions is it gave us a place to hang out to let traffic die down and talk about our victory, or loss.