What could UH do to realistically improve gameday experience at TDECU

This . . . . .

Maybe we should hire Lee. P. Brown as a consultant. He did such a fine job with the food service @ IAH . . . . .

Of our group of 8 STH, 6 or 7 would be eligible . . . . .

At TDECU. It was good

Y’all had over 40 years to save up unlike the younger generation lol.
I had to pay inflated student loans and season tickets at the same time.

2 Likes

Better WiFi at TDECU. I still have problems.

8 Likes
1 Like

Bring back the WAFFLE BUS!!!

1 Like

This is a great idea! I would extend it to the night before game day, with overnight RV tailgating near the student center, campus bars, and restaurants along Calhoun. It’s labelled Zone C on the parking map. Give the campus a weekend buzz,

2 Likes

If we start to sell out regularly we can justify expanding the stadium and get to 60,000 (I think that’s the max) and we’d be in the top 30, if we fill them.
#GoCoogs!

BB’s Cajun Cafe (UH alumni owned and run) was on mid level, but was restricted by what equipment they could have. Like no fryer! Limited their menu so they left after a year. Our own alumni!!

7 Likes

Do it, just to stop these repeat posts! :smile:

The food it not the problem. The problem is we don’t do enough bobbleheads and other stadium giveaways.

There’s an area where it is no parking between 3-5 AM in Zone C. That one would be perfect. The other locations, please don’t take them, we cannot Ya Woo much more than this (for weekday games, weekends are pretty much fine).

What a shame ! Who exactly is in charge of the vendors ? I know ultimately it is Pez but some underling is probably doing it . I think we should start an email barrage on that dude ! Does anyone know . Our current food is an embarrassment to our great University !
Go Coogs !

The stadium food option is always a challenging one. It relies on the stadium providing enough bodies and a pragmatic concept (a restaurant that is an “express”, “lil” or “bite” version of its normal offering) vs a basic aramark/sysco stand. These businesses have to make a profit, and I’m not surprised BB’s left; however, I’m, personally, not a fan of rice and beans in 98 degree, 80% humidity, weather with the sun blasting me in the face. Cold and hot po’ boys would have been my pitch for BB’s.

The numbers have to make sense and I think UH should lean on three colleges to provide a concession stand concept:

1. Bauer - make a business plan for the stall that are costed out to make sense for attendees (students, alumni, or fans)
  2. Hilton - to build the menu and experience, whether it rotates, or etc.
  3. Cullen - develop the traffic, locational, and efficiency analysis

All profits would be split to whatever makes sense to the school(s) and athletics. Students are employed for the games and have a bit of ownership in the whole process and experience. Any unused food can be recycled into on-campus meal plans or, given the type of food, boxed for homeless through the Second Servings of Houston program. If it does well, do more a couple stalls in total.

It would compete with the local vendors, but given the lack of consistent traffic, it would take some time to get to a point where it makes sense for vendors to come back at level we all want. This UH model could be a decent bridge that may complement (who knows?)

This is UCLA, UT’s, & MIT’s/Harvard’s bookstore model pivoted for a concession model.

Looks like they expanded student section!!! Most important thing besides winning

2 Likes

I was raised on Cajun food and love it. However, I like it in a restaurant with a table, napkins, etc. along with the wine or other alcoholic beverage of my choice, not sitting on my lap in a stadium seat. To me, the only thing I would want to eat as a meal in a stadium are hot dogs, big pretzels, or Chic-Fil-A sandwiches.

3 Likes

Bring back the WAFFLE BUS!!!

2 Likes

I don’t necessarily think we need to lose the DJ, but making a big deal about having a DJ when they’re only allowed to play the best Jock Jams of 1985 or whatever is lame. Either ditch him or give him a lot more leeway to play stuff that wouldn’t normally come across stadium speakers. If it was done well, I think it would have been cool, but alas,

1 Like

VP of UH Athletics used to work for the Dynamo. Hopefully something like this can happen here at TDECU.

2 Likes

The dynamo had an avg attendance of 16k last year and are able to provide this type of food options. Doesn’t speak well about UH operations.

3 Likes