What could UH do to realistically improve gameday experience at TDECU

Bring back the WAFFLE BUS!!!

1 Like

the thing is, the dynamo have been drawing flies for the better part of the last decade, and will likely continue to do so this year, so i’m unsure how successful these are going to be. maybe i’m wrong and they’ll be packed for the game against austin next saturday, but i’m extraordinarily skeptical, because the team is absolute booty, and no change in concessions is likely to fix that, given that the food is probably going to be mostly worse versions of stuff that can be found within a couple blocks of the stadium at a lower price.

Maybe UH can work a deal with Pappas at TDECU. They lost the contract at Hobby Airport.

It would definitely be an upgrade. If we could get a limited menu from Pappasito’s, Pappadeux’s and Pappas BBQ, wow!

3 Likes

Offer gummy bear THC

1 Like

Maybe they have, maybe they haven’t; I don’t think it’s settled yet.

Oh it’s settled unless Pappas sues the city of Houston.

With all the legal variants of THC in Texas, you can have a fun time and get it in a store.

Since it is legal in Missouri I just pop on over to a dispensary.

Order on my phone and like 30 mins later I just have to walk in, show id and walk out.

Downside… I have to live in Missouri.

1 Like

I didn’t realize the city council had voted on it yesterday.

Gang,

Delta-8/HHC are legal in TX, at least for now (perhaps the legislature will catch up, but for now, they are legal, as far as anyone can tell).

So why mess with pot or THC gummies?

That said, back on topic, has Frenchy’s ever had concessions at TDECU?

Seems like a natural fit!

1 Like

Frenchys has already built a new building to sell their chicken so I doubt they’d spend money to sell chicken inside the stadium when customers can buy it across the street.

2 Likes

Why walk all the way over there at halftime or during a timeout when you can just run downstairs to the concession stand?

I would think that Frenchy’s concessions at TDECU would do well!

3 Likes

Local restaurants that would do well:

• Waffle Bus or Oh-my-gogi (Fun Spot)
  • Frenchys (Because it’s a neighborhood spot & delish)
  • Prince’s or Hobbit Cafe (Burger Spot, Hobbit also has healthy options)
  • Niko Niko’s Express (Portable gyros and healthy options!)
  • Tacos a Go-Go or Chachos for tacos & nachos (an boozy drinks)
  • BBQ Sandwich spot (Pit Room, Truth, maybe someone with a UH connection)
  • Frank’s or Pink’s Pizza by the slice (offer meaty and healthy options)
  • Roostar (UH alums) vietnamese sandwiches
  • Specialty boozy spot, like Margaritas-To-Go stand (treat it like Vegas, walk up, pay and get served)

After this? People and winning…

4 Likes

There have been variations of many of these concepts over the years and the fact that they haven’t stick around emphasizes that it’s not a sure thing.

This past season it was already a frozen margarita vendor. If they are back this coming season, then that might be a successful concept. I considered that, but don’t see the payback. Those frozen drink machines make more money at a retail store than at TDECU.

You can’t bring that chicken into the stadium.

1 Like

Por que?

That’s fair - I seriously wonder if a Jamba Juice concept would do better, on a sunny and humid, Houston gameday.

2 Likes

No outside food or drink (including water) is allowed in TDECU.

1 Like

Oh! I misunderstood - I was thinking of a stand in the stadium. Makes sense.

1 Like

So does everyone agree that a Fenchy’s stand in TDECU would be a great idea?

6 Likes