What do we do now?

I’m switching to tequila from beer.

Yep. Your point?

Those days of being the scrappy little team at the kids table is over. This one loss does not diminish our standing as a solid team that can hang with the so called big boys.

Never forget… we were relegated to the kids table after years of success as a member of a “big boy” conference. We aren’t some bush league never been there program. We got screwed by collegiate greed, Texas politics and a disinterested administration. How many other programs went from the big leagues to the minors like we did? We deserve to be in the discussion as a top team in a Texas.

Get the D fixed and we could have a good remainder of the season.

You were wrong about that too.

If those days were over then you wouldn’t be defending us and we would be a P5 team.

We’re not in the so called P5 not because we can’t hang with those programs. We can and everyone knows it.

We’re not in a “P5” because of tv contracts and other programs lobbying against us specifically because we can hang with “P5” programs and they’re worried about losing recruits to us.

4 Likes
1 Like

If your goal is to make bug 12 football fans happy, especially with regard to your own team, then surely sorrow and misery shall follow you all the days of your life.

1 Like

isn’t this cmd’s last year under contract?

Three year deal. Johnson was on a two year.

The goal isnt to make big 12 fans happy. Its to make recruits happy. Previously we could sell we are G5 but we beat quality P5 teams (ranked OU, FSU, Louisville). Now we’re G5 that cant beat middle of the pack Big 12 two years running

1 Like

I think (somebody can fact check me) CMD is on his last year of his contract, so he went for sure after the season.

Update:
Realistically, since CMD has a year legt, Isee them letting the year play out before letting him go.

I will try and make the coaches show this week to see the crowd response.

He has one more year after this one. It would cost $400K to fire him.

1 Like

P5 teams give up 63 points, hell check out the past scores of the TT - Baylor games.

1 Like

Right on Craig. I am not a Marine but you can probably relate to these.
SIFTU
improvise, adapt, and overcome.
Friends we can’t change what happened yesterday or during breakfast this morning.
TSU is a new chapter. We have to build on the positives (Yes I saw plenty) & correct what is not working. You work and you work harder. The best response from everyone is to support our program. Coaches come and go. U of H is not moving to another state. Our response will define us as a Team. Do I expect better? Of course I do but our guys need our support no matter how this loss stings.
GO COOGS!!!

2 Likes

Maybe it is just me, but giving a 3 year deal to a guy working at the YMCA or where ever, seems like a poor business decision anyway !!!

Whatever…the guy’s defensive philosophy SUCKS bigtime !!!

Hell, Navy may abandon the option when they play us and just throw the ball !!

4 Likes

Take it out of CMA’s pay !!!

1 Like

I’m gonna build my own pavilion and tailgate during the game.

1 Like

The question is not what it will cost to fire him but what will it cost to keep him?

4 Likes

Agree with everything about Coach D not needing to be fired right now. That will absolutely not help the team. Not mid season. I do think he should be gone after this year without a drastic improvement during the conference schedule.

But that being said, I don’t agree that the conference is off the table by any means.

1 Like