Whorn and UH fans going at it on CSNBBS

I hate em all!!!

3 Likes

Has SMU ever officially addressed the “Cougroes” incident?

As a university… Did they ever officially apologize for allowing that sign to be posted at their home game?

1 Like

The horns are going to have to grit their teeth and endure a very humbling experience playing Houston in TDECU. I will bet they will have some choice comments in advance of the game that will become some great billboard material for our Team.
Go B12 Coogs !

1 Like

They already started calling TDECU our crack house, and other disparaging comments

1 Like

Like every year, their 10-2 hopes end up ON the floor

4 Likes

That’s funny . The Barrio on the east side of the campus was known for that very thing. Plus let’s not forget they had a student shooter on top of their tower that killed a bunch of students including one expecting a child. My memory is not the best but I seem to remember it was a young service man that had some kind of breakdown.
Go Coogs !

That is sickening…

I remember it well. I was about to head out for my day when I turned on the tv and all the Channels (all 3 of them it was 1966 after all) had cameras on the Texas Tower. Then I noticed the puffs of smoke as Whitman fired. I’m glad I did as I was planning to drive down to a clothing store on the Drag. Had a friend who narrowly escaped death or injury when a bullet hit in front of his path that had just passed between his legs as he was walking South away from the tower unaware of what was taking place.

2 Likes

May have been but they had it in the Dome but it was torn down. I remember it well

Guy,
Thanks for your help in remembering that horrendous event. Our young Coogs need to hear this bit of oral history to know ut is not perfect , even though they may think they are.
Go Coogs !