Why Would We

Not really.

As I said, he embraced and doubled down on Trump’s lunacy in Afghanistan.

Trump and Biden are both damnable.

Staff aren’t quitting on him left and right, subpoenaed or arrested and he hasn’t pardoned a war criminal or blackmailed any head of state by withholding already promised US defense weaponry.

Let’s begin there.

1 Like

Why do people think Trump was good at foreign relations? He created distance between us and our allies loss their respect. Gave China the opening they were looking for by not completing the TPP(an agreement they feared until knucklehead came along and removed us from it, all due to his ego because Obama was for it) the brainchild of the Obama administration. People need to understand America true strength in it’s influence it has on other nations, Trump never seem to grasp that except in a negative way. He was to busy trying to cozy up to Putin, and other autocrats.

2 Likes

One is often judged by the company one keeps.

I think one thing that he showed was that our allies have been taking advantage of the US for a long time and he held them accountable to it.

2 Likes

I don’t think staff turnover in a presidency is uncommon. And quite frankly, I couldn’t care less if any president has staff turnover. A president is a president and can accomplish his agenda regardless. I don’t claim to have great knowledge about all of the stuff talked about here but I doubt that Biden has a clean closet himself. I do notice that there is a great difference between the way the media treats the two. I’ll stop there.

2 Likes

Trade equals power good graphic how things developed over the decades.

How about pardoning a war criminal against the strong objections from the military?

Or cheating his own charity and being barred from ever again having one,

Or shaking down a foreign leader,

Or calling Nazis marching with torches on US soil “nice people”,

Or dismissing Russian interference in our election disputing the unanimous findings of every US intelligence service? Why? Because Putin told him. That’s it. Putin’s word meant more than the CIA, FBI, DoD, et al.

Or telling Georgia SoS to “I just want to find 11,780 votes”?

Are those not too uncommon too?

3 Likes

I like how that article says that Trump’s tariffs and China’s counter tariffs have harmed both nations.

True.

Real conservatives abhor high taxes, including tariffs, and favor free trade.

Trump was a populist, not a conservative.

1 Like

Pardoning Matt Golsteyn was insane. The dude admitted under oath to killing a civilian and then hiding the body.

I’m glad the Special Forces community stripped him of his credentials and won’t give them back.

And yes, the only election steal attempt was Trump’s attempted steal in GA, as you pointed out.

1 Like

Indeed! He tried to stop that as well but was told he couldn’t.

This kind of abuse of power makes Nixon look like a choir boy, but hey, he cut taxes and Kanye West is his dog.

It’s not about hate and it’s certainly not the fault of people pointing these things out that they happened.

1 Like

You could pull up tons of shady things about Biden in the same fashion. What I learned from 2020, is that just because a media outlet “reports” something or a political figure is accused of something from congressional members, doesn’t mean it’s fact. A lot of the time, it is to hurt the political figure’s reputation for the average American who doesn’t pay any attention to politics and instead takes something in on the evening news. By the way, “Buzzfeed News” is irrelevant to me.

1 Like

Let’s just pick one, ok? Pardoning a war criminal.

1. it’s absolutely true
  2. Biden never did

I’d be interested to know which item(s) in that list is made up by anyone. And I’d especially would like to hear about Biden doing any of them.

After a while, the “both sides” argument just runs out of gas.

I didn’t scroll through the whole thing but literally nothing on that buzzfeed article screams “Ahh impeach him now!” Just some things that were over scrutinized by media who didn’t like him. I don’t know the full extent of the “war criminal” story and the circumstances behind it and haven’t heard directly why Trump pardoned him, so I can’t have an opinion on that. I don’t let my opinion solely be influenced by an article that was posted on Coogfans.

1 Like

This is the list I was referring to:

How about pardoning a war criminal against the strong objections from the military?

Or cheating his own charity and being barred from ever again having one,

Or shaking down a foreign leader,

Or calling Nazis marching with torches on US soil “nice people”,

Or dismissing Russian interference in our election disputing the unanimous findings of every US intelligence service? Why? Because Putin told him. That’s it. Putin’s word meant more than the CIA, FBI, DoD, et al.

Or telling Georgia SoS to “I just want to find 11,780 votes”?

Are all of those true and legit? Or things that were reported a certain way? I don’t know. I would have to take the time to research them and form that opinion for myself. Which at this moment in time, after a Memphis loss, is not in my plans. Go Coogs.

If this is the same Seal that I saw a report on back around 2020, his lawyer provided proof to the court that he was innocent. At this moment in time, I can’t confirm whether this is that same Seal though.

2 Likes

The US military strongly protested it as a serious breach of protocol and national security.
Excerpt:

President Trump intervened in three cases involving war crimes accusations on Friday, issuing full pardons to two soldiers and reversing disciplinary action against a Navy SEAL despite opposition raised by military justice experts and some senior Pentagon officials.

The military, he said, has “worked for decades to lay the ghosts” of the Vietnam War and war crimes committed during it to rest, and Trump’s decision risks undermining that.

“Executive clemency like this introduces doubt into the chain of command, and creates uncertainty about accountability for breaches of military rules,” said Carter, who now studies national security for the Rand Corp.

Past presidents have occasionally weighed in on military justice, however.

In 2017, former president Barack Obama shortened a 35-year prison sentence for Chelsea Manning, the soldier who leaked a trove of classified information to WikiLeaks, to seven years.

In 1971, former president Richard Nixon intervened in the case of William L. Calley Jr., who was convicted of murdering 22 people in Vietnam and sentenced to life in prison. Nixon called for Calley to serve under house arrest at Fort Benning, Ga., instead of in prison at Fort Leavenworth. The soldier eventually saw his sentence reduced under appeal, and served 3½ years under house arrest.