Will stein

Hearing we are going with Will Stein OC from Oregon.

5 Likes

It’s Sunday, it’s not gonna move that fast

I mostly agree, but…its certainly possible the balls been rolling for a while.

I hope not. Need a HC no time for OJT

Right? I mean Sumlin, Herman, and Briles didn’t work out, but Dana did.

6 Likes

Briles and especially Sumlin and Herman did ok without prior HC experience.

What is needed is vision, dedication and enthusiasm. Previous HC experience isn’t necessary or required.

CDH had the experience and none of what actually matters…

I’d take Stein all day if he can bring those qualities to UH football.

8 Likes

WRONG

Will Stein seems very green.

Maybe a brilliant OC, but in today’s era. You need a culture builder.

2 Likes

In this case you got a 3 alarm fire or more… you don’t send in the vols fire dept too put out a Empire State Building fire jmho

1 Like

Actually if you look at people with previous HC experience coming in at another school as a HC I think the success rate is far lower than a coordinator getting promoted.

1 Like

I mean it’s never worked for UH but let’s keep trying until it does right?

1 Like

I wouldn’t know about the stats…

What I do know is to build something takes vision, creativity, and a whole bunch of want-to.

A younger coordinator, first -time HC is going to have that fire. It would be such a welcome change from CDH or retread like GP. At least the fans and students would have something to look forward to. It would create a buzz, for sure.

3 Likes

It’s going to be Traylor…another Briles Texas type (pre scandal)

It’s the safe anti-Dana type of pick our leaders like.

They will seriously consider Patterson but they’ll pass as he is another arrogant Dana type.

3 Likes

On the subject of Oregon coordinators why not interview the DC Tosh Lupoi? Been the elite recruiter everywhere he’s been climbing the ranks always with winners. Send like a guy worth checking out as well.

1 Like

Agreed 100%. Georgia should have never hired Kirby Smart and Clemson should have stayed as far away from Dabo Swinney when they were searching for a new coach in ‘09.

1 Like

It’s not the best take. And tunnel vision is always bad in these situations. Identify the traits you want and interview all the candidates you need to interview.

4 Likes

If anyone on Cullen boulevard is eliminating candidates due to lack of HC experience, then the 3 alarm fire is an inside job. This should be a thorough and well thought out process with all viable candidates being looked at closely.

That includes the following:
Head Coaches of G5s and P5s
NFL Assistants
College coordinators
Dead people
Fictional characters

3 Likes

It’s not going to be Traylor sorry…

2 Likes

Is it true that Traylor turned us down recently ?

Don’t tease me, would love him here.