Will stein

It’s not the best take. And tunnel vision is always bad in these situations. Identify the traits you want and interview all the candidates you need to interview.

4 Likes

If anyone on Cullen boulevard is eliminating candidates due to lack of HC experience, then the 3 alarm fire is an inside job. This should be a thorough and well thought out process with all viable candidates being looked at closely.

That includes the following:
Head Coaches of G5s and P5s
NFL Assistants
College coordinators
Dead people
Fictional characters

3 Likes

It’s not going to be Traylor sorry…

2 Likes

Is it true that Traylor turned us down recently ?

Don’t tease me, would love him here.

yes… What other P5 Texas schools were flirting with a change last season?

If it was Texas A&M, Traylor was an idiot which makes me think it was UH

https://twitter.com/justinwells2424/status/1600937361357312000?s=46&t=loTdbBtffrdxaRbRSDvPkA

Orginal discussion:

Will stein would be awesome

4 Likes

Hayden Frye?

1 Like

As long as Jerry Van Dyke is part of the deal

1 Like

What about Franchione? here he got some gas left in the tank…

1 Like

Some thoughts on your list:
I would probably remove the dead people as the smell might get to be a bit much if they are recently dead.

Fictional characters would be really cool especially if we get the media people to pay for inserting them into the live feeds. The animation expenses might add up after awhile.

As for coordinators, I would focus on major programs that UH wants to be like. A program like Georgia is run differently than a mid level than a mid level Big 12 or ACC school, and very very different from an AAC or MWC school. Especially the number of people involved behinds the scenes…

That’s why Sumlin succeeded. He built his staff like a mini-OU. He understood that the coach is the figurehead. Its the staff that grinds out wins.

“Experience and stability”…sounds like Patterson possibly Fritz. It’s Fritz they going to have to wait till after New Year possibly to announce due to conference and bowl game.

3 Likes

Fritz is the guy, more and more, in my opinion…

3 Likes

Hard pass

2 Likes

Right… Who wants excitement, recruiting AND coaching with this hire…

3 Likes

Why would Prime come here? He can recruit Houston right where he is. And he doesn’t need money.

I like Prime. But if he wants to come here after just one season at CU that’s enough to sour me on him