With Sasser and Mark out for the year…

One gets of the age where he lets the beard grow out, grey and all, and feels the metal in his bones he grew up with. God bless Heavy Metal music.

3 Likes

I believe butler did in one of their runs

To me Edwards is the wild card. Up until now, he has been a great team player who has successfully melded into the team. But I think he has Grimes capabilities, we just haven’t seen it yet because he is trying to be part of the team. I think he can carry the team and replace Sasser’s production.

There are really interesting pieces on this team.

4 Likes

much will depend on the continued development of shead, this could actually force him to place the team on his shoulders. Also ramon walker, he is not short on effort, so he will get playing time which will develop his game faster
roberts …can he add more offensive production to go with his phenomenal rebounding
and Taze, if this forces him to think more about scoring
this team still has a high floor and a higher ceiling

3 Likes

Kyler Edwards and Shed are about to get more minutes. Ramon Walker, the freshman from Pearland, will need to grow up faster than planned.

4 Likes

If I am Memphis and other teams with athleticism, I put full-court pressure on UH any time Shead takes a break now.

1 Like

We are all very disappointed with the injuries to Tramon and Marcus. However, some of us have been pushing the argument that we really need a second true PG on the team regardless of how many other position players can handle the ball at any given time.

Injuries happen to all teams and having a second true PG can help alleviate the impact of losing players due to injuries.

2 Likes

With or without Shead on the floor I would press UH. We didn’t handle it well last year at all.

Me, I believe in throwing over the top of the press.

not just press, but zone…

shead not a shooter, taze not a great shooter, edwards is supposed to be a good shooter but has not been a good shooter this year, and ramon has made 1 3 this year total

zone let you double the post but give you open 3, take away carlton and Fabian out… no telling how we’d react

So UH will struggle with Tulsa again?

ramon is a secretly a 3pt flamethrower, or yes we will struggle to score on tulsa lol

Memphis is going to press the full game regardless of who is playing.
As to the above question UCLA played the ‘68 championship in LA

At the LA Sports Arena on the same court that the Game of the Century was played on in January of that year.

I attended both games. One is still number 1 on my all-time favorite sporting event attended, while the other is among my worst

2 Likes

The game of the Century was at The Astrodome.

The 1968 Final Four was at Pauley Pavilion, UCLA’s home court.

1 Like

Wrong. The court used for the Dome game was the LA Sports Arena floor. The NCAA Final Four was held at the Sports Arena. I was there but you can look it up

2 Likes

Agree, the NCAA cannot take another financial hit like 2020.

1 Like

That is what is great about college sports.

And of course Fabian White.

1 Like

Not what I was referring to. To compare the Omicron variant to the common cold at this point is as misinformed as those that said the original strain was “just the flu”. Can’t seem to find a 2-year period where over 800K people died from the “flu”

3 Likes

Breaking the press is coaching.