Women’s Volleyball

Checked and double checked - the Coogs win number 24 on the season with a victory over Memphis in the home of Andy Kaufman’s immortal inaguaral title. Three games left - next Sunday - versus SMU. 1 pm on ESPN + - just my wild speculation - but if the team gets to 25 wins - I would think they are tourney worthy - but we know how the wise and majestic NCAA selectors can be. Regardless - go Coogs.

1 Like

They are capable of winning at least 2 of the next three games, which takes them to 26 wins before the
conference tournament. They definitely deserve to make it to the NCAA tournament.

2 Likes

Lost to SMU today. Swept by Mustangs on season means at large is likely out of reach.

I suspect you are right. However, win the last two at home this week, finishing with UCF, maybe they have a chance. It’s a long tough schedule, and it looked, to me, like the fuel tank got pretty low today. Regardless, they have been a pleasure to follow.

5 Likes

Future is certainly bright. Sweeping UCF would help big time. Sadly, USF volleyball is a dumpster fire and rpi anchor.

2 Likes

I think we have to win the last 2 games (at home) to have a chance.

Agreed, probably have to win both Wednesday & Friday to get an at-large bid. Dropped to 51 in the RPI’s. Cincy passed us at 48 but our record might give us and edge over them along with txamcs at 49 and missi at 50. I didn’t realize there’s no conference tourney this year, so that’s not an option.

3 Likes

25 wins in the books. Final game Friday, 7 pm - Fertitta Center against UCF - the conference leader. A win could put them in the December Dance - about which we will find out on November 28th, Selection Sunday.

1 Like

Win first two sets against UCF. Lost third. Wheels coming off in 4th. Pull this out, Coogs!!!

Ooof. Outscored 65-34 in last 3 sets at home. We are going to need a miracle to get in. That said, incredible year. Program is looking up.

2 Likes

Still have a chance. Having to play #247 USF didn’t help, but losing to #25 UCF shouldn’t hurt too much. There are several teams 10-15 spots ahead of us in the RPI’s that will finish with 20 wins or less, 2 or 3 teams with 15 wins or less. Hopefully the Coogs 25 wins will look good to the ncaa.

Selection show: 11/28, 7:30 pm ct, espnu.

1 Like

Do you know why Kortlyn Henderson has not been playing?

I won’t say the Coogs (55 rpi, 25-7) should have gotten in, but how does missi (54 rpi, 21-8) get a bid?

3 Likes

Man, the bias in the selection of NCAA tournament teams in women’s sports is just unreal.

2 Likes

Snubbed again by the NCAA. Here is the conference distribution

B1G: 7
B12: 7
ACC: 6
SEC: 6
PAC: 6
WCC: 3
MEAC: 2
CUSA: 2
MVC: 2
Big East: 2
MWC: 2
Ivy: 2
Horizon: 1
MAC: 1
Sun Belt: 1
Southern: 1
Southland: 1
Big Sky: 1
MAAC: 1
AAC: 1
ASUN: 1
Patriot: 1
America East: 1
Colonial: 1
WAC: 1
A10: 1
Ohio Valley: 1
Big South: 1
Northeast: 1

Here are how many of the teams in this distribution have more losses than us or less than or equal to 24 wins.

1. Was going to count Texas but they are 24-1. Lol.

Lowest wins that got in:

The Citadel and South Carolina, both with 14. 14-11 and 14-14.

Five SEC teams already in, and 14-14 South Carolina gets a bid.

Bias is UNREAL.

4 Likes

It’s discouraging and disheartening to the coaches and players, let alone the fans, when you see bias at this level. There has to be a means to dispute these things; but no one is talking about it.

Both our Soccer and Volleyball teams got completely hosed by their respective selection committees. I think the process is screwed up and needs to be more transparent than the way it is now.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to be in the Big 12.

2 Likes