WSU

Bunches of tickets on Stubhub and other sites still. The ticket prices for lower levels have gone up but the very top level is around 10 dollars. I’m guessing there will be plenty of room Friday night

I know NRG is only about 10 minutes from campus but Holgerson is calling it a neutral field? My guess is it will be just like a home game for you guys. True?

One more thing, I was looking at the official kickoff website and it looks like the UH side is pretty much sold out at the very bottom but the WSU side has a TON of tickets so if y’all are wanting to be field level you might buy on that side

Basically, it’ll be like playing at TDECU only twice as big and not as full. Looking forward to this game and I wish everyone playing the best of luck

1 Like

Nor should he.

Greetings from the Northwest. Been to Houston a few times, my dad’s bros family lived there for years out in Spring. My cousin lived in Bel Aire until about 9 years ago when her husband took a new job out west.

WSU will travel well, they are one of the better PAC 12 travel schools, you will be very surprised at the turnout. Wheat harvest is over on the Palouse so the farmers need a road trip.

I think WSU’s defense will be better this weekend, they have played very vanilla and had some issues with staying in gaps, you could see it during both games and sounds like that is what they are trying to shore up vs the run. This pretty much the same front 7 as a year ago less the Mike LB a Stand up end and a 1 NT. They are definitely better than they have played so far this year and I think it is driving the DL coach nuts. The worry coming into the season was the secondary and they have looked good so far. The do have more size this year with 3 good sized NT(one is a transfer from West Virginia), but the key for this defense is speed and they have it coming out of their gloves.

Offense, well Leach finally has it all. 10 WR from 5 8" to 6 4" and anyone of them can take it to the house. QB is a Leach QB so far, crazy accurate and makes good decisions. The kid who makes this offense go this year is Max Borghi the RB, he is legit, Stanford tried to flip him signing day. Played as a true freshman last year and honest to goodness he looks like Christian McCaffrey. I am talking his body, his running style all the way down to their faces in a helmet, it’s spooky as they are both from the same town in Colorado.

Anything else you want to know just ask

3 Likes

First 10 offensive plays, please. Thanks in advance!

9 Likes

Let’s see: 4 verticals 3 times(#88 is a legit 10.3 100 meter guy Leach has never had a WR here with his speed), a tunnel screen, check down to the RB in the flat, then 5 mesh plays to the slot. That should pretty much sum it up. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Leach is this century’s John Jenkins. If he gets the chance to put up 75 points against us, he will.

1 Like

not on Spirit Airlines. It was less for my wife and I than a single person on Southwest.

Naw, maybe in years past simply because we had ZERO running game so it was damn near impossible to milk the clock. We can run these days so he really does take the foot off the gas. But because of his offensive mind set i.e. pas, pass, pass, it can appear he’s running up the score when in fact he’s just running the offense.

1 Like

Thanks to the Wazzu guys for chiming in here…I hope your fans have a great time in Houston, and I hope to have a great time at your place next year.

For what it’s worth, Leach is one of my very favorite coaches, best interviews ever, Pirate officionado, and Pepperdine Law graduate. He is easily the most complex coach in the USA, and truly an offensive genius.

I hope this is a great game, that MY Cougars win by one point, and that it is a ratings bonanza for both of us…

1 Like

Almost all games are decided by the running game…executing it and stopping it.

Unfortunately we’re not stacked to split that metric and win. We have to run effectively and completely shut down their limited rush attempts.

Otherwise our LB’s will be stuck humping the line all night and our safeties getting run like sheepdogs.

1 Like

we brought in many more than Moore. Williams & Owens are starters.

1 Like

Thanks for the hospitality. If you make it up to the Palouse for the game, you’ll be welcomed with open arms.
Here’s to an injury free game!

3 Likes

Does anyone know if UHAA is going to have a tailgate at NRG for the WSU game?

OTCoog - I do not believe UHAA has anything planned for the game at NRG as I have not heard anything. You could check the web sight under events.

Anyone know what uni’s the team will wear tomorrow night ? ? ? ? ?

2 Likes

low volume or maybe bucking the jet stream i guess