Yall get some Star Pizza 🍕

Star Pizza has been in the business since the late-70s, early-80s, I believe Their longevity speaks to the quality of their product

11 Likes

Eh. There are plenty of places that I don’t like that have been around. But I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Don’t let these slapjocks deter you, they have the best New York slice in town. I’ll take my NIL retrograde

2 Likes

Danny Cougar when UHCoog disses Star Pizza…

3 Likes

Keep ordering the Star Pizza until we get all the Coogs signed up!

Order the NIL special

11 Likes

Got some from #3 in Cinco Ranch. Absolutely the bestest pizza :pizza:. Heading back out there this weekend to get Ramons!

They support Coogs, we’ve got to support them.

11 Likes

You’re exactly right. There are a number of long time restaurants that may have once been good but offer nothing great anymore (Gabby’s BBQ, Berryhill, etc.).

When it comes to pizza, there are several good options nearby (Pink’s Pizza, Cane Rosso (RIP), Brother’s Pizza, etc.) but Star Pizza is still my #1. Definitely give them a shot, I think you’ll like them.

7 Likes

Cane Rosso closed?

Well, I am a transplant from the Piney Woods area, but have been living in Houston (or any one of its suburbs) on & off for 19 yrs.

Have tried out different pizzerias & have been recommended a few places by actual, true Houstonians, but hadn’t heard of Star Pizza until now.

2nd generation Houstonian, born and raised in the city. Trust me, Star Pizza is an institution for those living in Montrose or the Heights.

6 Likes

The same thing happened to me with some other pants

Damn good pizza. My gf claims that their salads are even better but I can’t confirm I don’t go there for salad lol

2 Likes

Romanos is great for NYC style, it’s my favorite when it comes to that.

3 Likes

Not a big pizza eater but I’ll support Star when I can because they’re supporting UH. Hoping more Houston businesses step up and do likewise (NIL).

Kenneally’s Irish pub down the street on Shepherd has really good pizza as well.

3 Likes

Keneallys is awesome. Remember the 90s when they used to have a pizza buffet on Rockets game days, Rudy T used to show up after games now ant then.

4 Likes

I’m sure if businesses notice an influx of UH supporters they’ll see that there’s no other advertisement like Coog support.

2 Likes

I tried Star Pizza and it was pretty good. Not earth shattering or anything but it was good. I would go back and eat there again. It’s in the pizza rotation now. Haha

2 Likes

I had some Saturday. Outstanding. Make sure you mention you appreciate their supporting UH. The manager I spoke with was excited when I mentioned that

7 Likes

Yes, I made sure to mention that.

4 Likes

I’ll be there Friday for dinner.

3 Likes