Yormark says UH will get…

The COT was weird they had the construction majors in there, whereas other schools have construction in engineering or architecture… I graduated in arch because I am not a quitter and went to work in construction and my Aggie friends that started in arch switched to construction which was easy because it was the same college and they took some of the same classes.

4 Likes

I’d be curious to know how many students are using the shuttles between campuses today, how many drive between the campuses during the day, and what that looks like in 2 years after
the transition is complete. I’d also like to know how many of the Sugarland Engineer Tech Dept classes are in the day and how many are in the evenings . Also I’d like to know how many
of those 4,500 students are part time students.

Interesting site that compares UH to various (desired) peer groups (2022 data). UH looks very
efficient on the cost side.

1 Like

It didn’t even occur to me that students would be shuttling between campuses for classes, or because they live at central campus but take engineering Technology classes.

I simply figured that they’d have taken all their core, and elective, classes at central campus and would only be taking all their engineering classes at the new campus.

But if they are doing a double major, or a minor, and have to take classes at central campus, then what a real cluster of wasted time.

1 Like

The cows have had fancy cars for DECADES. Peculiar for “student athletes”.

I believe that this is the reason for it. While I have not attended UH in some time, when I was there the CoT had all sorts of majors thrown under it, including fashion merchandising, IT logistics, etc. A lot of people who could not make it through Bauer MIS or Comp Sci would transfer into CoT to get a degree (when you could still get a job doing that). I had a personal friend who was a Comp Sci major that did this and knew many others in BCB that did the same. I think that from the University’s perspective, this was not good.

Other schools have had similar issues. Purdue had the same problem and moved their version of CoT off to another Purdue Campus in Muncie or something. So this is not unusual.