You're a student again. What chants, traditions, gameday things, do you want to see?

The frontiersmen are great. One of our oldest traditions. Leave them alone.
Fix The Blaze.

10 Likes

It’s not that they aren’t ours, it’s that we don’t do them at the game lol

Eat em up should be played after every 1st down.

2 Likes

My understanding is the cost of insurance for that is prohibitive. Maybe now in the Big12 it would not be a factor.

I’m actually glad we don’t have the blaze anymore. I couldn’t stand listening to a police siren in the stadium every time Keenum threw a touchdown pass. :joy:

Live Shasta … she was the coolest at games
Brass section of band perusing the stadium
Houston— Cougars
Crowd singalongs…. The game vs tech had it going on.
( other schools play, sweet Caroline, living on a prayer, John Denver, etc). We need to find a regional song that Is Houston centric ). Hustlin, whomp whomp are good but we need something the us older folks
Coog fans tailgate: — think of creative ways and market it to get other people to come to it and eventually become involved . I live out of town but I would donate 5 a home game . Have a raffle for a Uh t shirt or nerf football, best fan costume , spinning wheel for a free drink …Invite a different school organization to come by for a drink or hot dog or something. We can’t manufacture an atmosphere, it has to be grown organically

1 Like

The Blaze will be back this weekend, it needed an emergency rewiring.

9 Likes

How about “Goin’ Back to Houston” by Dean Martin? Too corny? lol

I think it would be an easy sing a long.

1 Like

The Blaze has had a hard last couple of years. I’ve rewired the controls, replaced it’s guts, and this week rewired the actual siren. It’s almost new electrically.

The signs are being remade as we speak. And she is set to get a paint job next year.

The frontiersman and The Blaze aren’t going anywhere.

They actually got rid of the helmet buggy this year.

11 Likes

I love Blaze. Thanks for all your hard work keeping her alive.

5 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work. Very glad to have people like you keeping our traditions alive.
The helmet buggy was at Grambling.

8 Likes

Thank you for your service.

3 Likes

Maybe I was mistaken, the band director said a lot of admin are trying to keep the field cleaner. So maybe the just moved it during the game?

We had to put up a fight for the blaze on the field. They wanted to move it up to the mezzanine which would make everyone in the stadium deaf.

1 Like

Helmet buggy is more traditional than the Blaze. Keep it.

I also like the idea of a crowd sing-a-long much like they do in English soccer.

3 Likes

The blaze drowns out the band. Especially when trying to play the touchdown song.

1 Like

For those fans who are not familiar with the Frontiersman and the tradition – may I suggest looking up on Google, University of Houston, Frontier Fiesta. It was a HUGE event in the 50’s drawing up to 200,000 people to campus and making the cover of Life magazine. The Frontiersmen extend down from that event. I realize the 50’s are a long time ago. But there is history for those people to be a part of UH and UH football.

8 Likes

cougar roar after first down, we don’t move as fast offensively anymore. Bring it back, I used to like knowing it was coming and the mimic it. Sumlin and Kliff got pissed when they tried to go 100 mph and it would go off while trying to run the next play.

5 Likes

I think the entire stadium should just go, “Meow…meow…meow…” over and over in unison. It would creep the Hell outa everybody.

11 Likes

Travis Scott’s goosebumps?

4 Likes

Lol!!

1 Like