You're a student again. What chants, traditions, gameday things, do you want to see?

If ATM can have Kanye why cant we have Travis?

2 Likes

So we’re gonna take over UT’s lake?

I like it! Logistics could be a problem.

Some of the people here would have a problem having Bum Phillips on the sidelines because of the clothes he was wearing. I’m pro-frontiersmen all the way.

7 Likes

I love the Frontiersmen. I do think they should have to ride those toy horses like the ones in the Walmart vestibule though.

5 Likes

:joy:

How does one become a frontiersman? Just be a beer drinking frat dude?

1 Like

The frontiersman can stay. But they need to lose the dusters. Keep T-shirt and jeans. Trade the cowboy hat for an oil hard hat with UH cat logo.

Keep the blaze alive. Run the flags across the field.

If I recall, the duster and hat came about during our Dana Dimel CUSA says when our AD was trying to promote UH as the ‘Texas’ team. It doesn’t fit UH.

2 Likes

The Blaze is still around. It was on the field against Grambling. It seems it broke again. Aparently the type lf siren it is is rare because not much in use anymore so finding parts for it is hard. It was reported on here a couple years ago. Must broke again.

It would be fine with me if it stays broken. Never was a blaze fan.

1 Like

One side yells HOUSTON, the other side yells COUGARS

3 Likes

Never liked the concept of Frontiersman.

Elitist, never should have existed.

A scourge that should have been eliminated 50 years ago and the fraternities too from which they came.

I thought Texas was about independence thought and moxie. The University of Houston - should celebrate the majority the Gosh Darn Independent.

G.D.I until the day I die.

2 Likes

If you do some historical research you will find that the dusters were not just for the Old West. The duster was also a garment worn by oil workers out in the fields working the derecks. So keep the dusters because it makes since because yes we are in Texas known for the cowboy but also there is the part of the duster and its connection to oil which Houston is economically based on.

1 Like

I agree, student organization shouldn’t exist. Alumni organization either. SGA. Alumni Association. Cougar Pride. All of em. Nothing but a bunch of elitist pricks. Ban friend groups too. Everyone has to hang out with everyone no questions asked. Because independence.

7 Likes

From the 1949 Houstonian Yearbook.

4 Likes

I’ve been to a few LSU games and they have a few different songs, sometimes with chants, that they play in certain situations. Even when the defense stops someone on third down. And they aren’t contemporary sing alongs. They are old school traditional.

Student organizations that are open to all should exist.

Without regard to race, gender, creed, age, or LGBQTPAA+ status.

A long time NYC resident calling the Frontiersmen elitist?

Now that is funny! :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

haha love this hoff

1 Like

Now this looks fun. I still can’t stand that duck.
https://twitter.com/UnnecRoughness/status/1441062690034683904

1 Like

I guess we need to get rid of all women’s sports teams. They aren’t open to all genders.

2 Likes