20 Memphis Players Test Positive - Game Postponed

The cancelling/postponing of games is going to be common this year. There’s no way you can play in the midst of a pandemic without losing some games, especially in the college arena. The ever changing schedule is going to be interesting, to say the least. I’m just looking at it as if every game that’s played is a bonus. Without getting into the fear mongering vs. denial of reality argument, it’s going to be a really weird season, how much ever of it we have.

3 Likes

Got my tickets.

Don’t let me be there alone.

Headed down I-35 to watch us embarrass the bears.

This is a WIN WIN for us! go coogs!!

9 Likes

Way to go !!!

1 Like

Where did you get tickets?

to parody Jimmy Fallon

Thank you Memphis football for your selfish party bus ride. It now gives us a chance to play an old SWC rival we have not played in 25 years.

4 Likes
2 Likes

memphis in media presser…there are NOT 20 players who tested positive…1 mom who drives a van that people mistook for a party bus. visited the players…she started feeling sic the next day…they quarantined everyone she got in contact with… the mom test just came back and she is negative, almost all the players quarantined were tested negative…

without the media circus created, the memphis and houston game is likely played … memphis head coach indirectly chastises duarte and mark giannato indirectly about reporting a story like that
https://twitter.com/danielle_lerner/status/1305545713850478593?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1305545713850478593|twgr^share_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcsnbbs.com%2Fthread-906546-page-5.html

https://twitter.com/JeffABrightwell/status/1305550078061535232?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1305550078061535232|twgr^share_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcsnbbs.com%2Fthread-906546-page-5.html

2 Likes

Ouch.

1 Like

Are they really trying to say a family van was mistook for a party bus, lol.
If they had players to play then play, don’t blame the media for not being able to commit to the game.

3 Likes

People saw the bus and surely know the difference between a family van and a party bus. They are full of it. This is damage control.

And, to say there weren’t people testing positive is inconsistent with what the school said this weekend.

10 Likes

i dont think it was regular family van…probably something bigger…and from the way he spoke, it look like they hadnt finished testing everyone when the original story broke, they didnt know if they would have had enough players…the mom could have been sick and gave all the players covid at the time…but who knows anymore

I don’t know what to believe…other than I believe people lie/mislead. That being said, I’m glad we are playing Baylor this week!

3 Likes

they have some positives talks about in the presser,but the number was blownout out of proportion and still had half the team isolated at the time … says they are going to be fully ready by the game after ours

Memphis suspended their football ops. They knew what was going on in house. If they knew that there was minimal chance that the kids were infected, or that the ‘party bus’ story was flimsy, they should have been up front with UH and the media. It’s not like they asked people to wait until they completed an investigation.
There were several tweets by purported witnesses to the party bus story…FWIW

1 Like

Who knows the real number. I would expect them to say it’s blown out of proportion.

That said, I don’t think there was any way we were playing our game this week.

What does “isolated” mean? Each individual player potentially exposed is observing a 14 day quarantine? Or is that they’ve limited contact for these players to just each other? Have they practiced? With who? How were they going to be ready when the 14 days would not be up til next Sunday?

He must think we’re idiots and that’s why he gave his statement and ducked out. He’s quibbling over a van versus a bus? That’s utter garbage. Gimme a break.

fwiw they didnt know it was a minimal chance…they really thought the mom had covid until her test just came back…
and there is aac protocol…tulane (who runs the covid aac protocol) decides which games are postponed a week before, andhe makes it very clear he wanted to play houston …so whatever postponent decision was not made by them …if they could have stalled for an investigation they probably would have

if you are facing contact tracing from a potential infection and the person you have been traced from turns out to be negative, i dont think you have to do the 14 day quarantine anymore but thats just a guess on my part

either way he says they are 100% playing utsa, which is only 11 days away (weekday game)…so the quarantines dont seem to bother him that much

So his contention is there is no out break and there are currently no positives within the program? That they are isolating/quarantining anyone?

1 Like

ther are some positives, he talked abou that… says the number is overblown…says a ton of players were put in quarantine because someone mom came to visit the players, she felt really sick the next day, based on tracing from being around her put a ton of players in quarantine…the mom results are back, whatever she is sick from isnt covid