20 Memphis Players Test Positive - Game Postponed

Whenever this rapid testing starts, it’s going to help things out a lot.

1 Like
1 Like

As punishment for Memphis screwing this up…when and if the game is made up later in year, it should be played @ TDECU and be a Memphis “home” game…

Sounds about right to me !! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

The stories do not add up. Before we sign up to play Baylor, I am sure we had to run it by the league and Memphis. Surely they had done some research on Saturday as the news broke to determine it was a passenger van with a mom in it. College kids know a party bus from a transport van.

3 Likes

Memphis Athletics Department SID: “Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain …!!! “

1 Like

Whether it’s blown out of proportion or not, I’m happy since it opened the door to play Baylor and a possible two more games against BU in the future. For me, as a UH fan, it was great.

6 Likes

Lol…wow man, that would be AWESOME!!! That will “Learn” them something as foghorrn leghorn would say!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/evan_b/status/1306306001000333318?s=20

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Better :mask: :mask: :mask:

1 Like

that article is confusing…it refuting itself in the article…or was updated after it was posted or something…the article notes the football team says thats not close to accurate

I’m guessing the football program is parsing words. They are in damage control mode.

And where does the football team say it’s not close to accurate? Maybe I’m not reading the same article.

1 Like

Woah! :flushed:

1 Like

in the very start of the article…it states that memphis is disputing te numbers in conference call

That mom’s van fit 40 players in . Mom of the year.

3 Likes

(Covid) Mom of the Year…rather!

4 Likes

I think it was in the 50’s and 60’s they used to see how many people could get into a VW Bug or tellephone booth!

1 Like

They were right it wasn’t close to 20. It was close to 50. Smh. Would’ve loved to destroy them this week.

1 Like

We don’t need our players anywhere near an outbreak, 20 or 50, no thanks!

11 Likes

This?

Memphis football coach Ryan Silverfield has issued a team policy of not discussing COVID-19 numbers but he disputed the report in a call with The Commercial Appeal.

“The football program does not have 42 positives,” he said Wednesday.

2 Likes

Arkansas State has a case also - who’d they play last week?