2019-2020

I’m looking for Fabian to have a huge breakout year! That kid is on the verge of becoming an elite player. I loved seeing that passion start to bubble over in the last part of last season.

Man, I love this thread especially compared the dumpster fire of 5 years ago when we had the limited talent devoid of any D1 talent for the most part. Now, it’s options!

5 Likes

Agreed, but we may also have one of our starting guards play point guard while Jarreau is on the bench.

Right. Those two guys absolutely cannot play together in modern basketball.

I liked Brady… Only weakness he had besides foul trouble was going against an athletic front court. Thankfully, the AAC didn’t have many with the exception of Cincy last year. Their 7 footer was not only athletic but tall (7 footer).

1 Like

At the beginning of the year, I think he starts and has a Brady type role. He’ll play at the tip, get about 4 minutes and then sit for awhile…start the 2nd half, play 4 minutes and probably won’t be in at the end of the game. Might get 15 minutes a game tops.

But, I think the lineup changes a bunch as the year goes along. CKS hates to keep the same lineup after losses and is always tinkering. I almost think he was frustrated at times with the long winning streak last season because he had to keep Alley as a starter for so long. After that Temple loss, Alley was no longer the starter and saw limited minutes the rest of the season. CKS doesn’t want to mess with a good thing though.

2 Likes

Reading all of this and looking at the amount of depth and talent we still have is INSANE!
This is exactly what CKS was talking about in year 1 when he said he wanted to the build a program and do it the right way!

2 Likes

When is Grimes supposed to announce a decision?

Rumor on the 247 board is by tomorrow night.

1 Like

Who are the front-runners?

UH & A&M

He was here yesterday and at aggy today!

1 Like

Don’t forget about brother J’wan…Kid can play!

2 Likes

Sources??? It would be so much easier for him to excel here than at A&M. He has a proven defensive coach. He could be close to home and his fam wouldnt drive so long to see him. I really think its us.

What do you think about this line up ?

Waivers are like $ to me. Don’t count it until I see it. Obviously, I’m not expecting Q’s waiver to be approved considering the circumstances surrounding his transfer haven’t been made public yet (maybe they have?)

Jarreau
Hinton
White
Gresham
Harris

Gorham first off the bench, mills then alley assuming his 3pt shooting has improved.

To me that is the best fit for defense, rebounding and scoring.

Three guys who can all put up 10-15 pts up top and two incredibly scrappy guys down low.

2 Likes

I’ve already made my peace

1 Like

I was watching clips this evening on Roberts. He’s aggressive and will be fun to watch grow. Jarreau and 4 power forwards lol. Let’s go!!

2 Likes

Why do you keep putting Harris and Gresham on the floor together? It’s not going to happen.

3 Likes

See post 31.

lol that line up is something…a starting line up where only 1 person shoots 3 and he does it at 33%

i would just put all 5 defensive player in the paint