2020-21 Team Offseason Workout Thread

25 percent most likely

I’ve stood by Chris Harris. He seemed closer to 7 feet than 6-10. On the other end for those who remember lineman Red Oglesby from the great late 1970s UH teams, he was listed either 6-2 or 6-3 coming out of high school but he 5-11.
Bill Walton was always listed at 6-11 at UCLA in the early 1970s and into the NBA. Once in an interview he said he was really 7 feet but wanted to be listed as 6-11 because 7 foot made him sound like a freak.

1 Like

Walton is a FREAK !!!

3 Likes

You’re kinda of a disadvantage if you’re 6’10 or taller as a center but can’t shoot. Give me a 6-8 or 6-9 center that can shoot.

Only a disadvantage for f you don’t have skills. Give me 6’11 you can score in the blocks, back to the basket, swat shots and dominate the cowards anyway over today’s players trying to handle the ball like a guard and shoot threes.

The rules don’t allow you to dominate the inside no more without a jumper; just look at the NBA.

Give me another Chris Harris and I am happy as a pig in slop.

Defense and offensive rebounds. No finesse.

2 Likes

Give me another Big E or Akeem and I would be ecstatic!

4 Likes

Sure, Chris Harris in his senior year, though!

3 Likes

Oh that goes without saying.

https://twitter.com/CoachAlanBishop/status/1308034755129233409

2 Likes

I’m glad the basketball team is putting pretty good used to this building because I remember the skyline was distorted after it was built.

More players will probably use it this year than fans having their DT view blocked​:joy::joy::joy:

Wow how tall is itt? Must be huge to block out(distort) sky scrapers

Actually, it blocks out the third ward.

1 Like

It only blocks the view if you are sitting on the south sideline lower section.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1308186748430831616

2 Likes

they are definitely working on zone in that video…sampson almost never touches zone, had to do it a few times last year in dire situations …thats an indication to me that we are really trying to make the smaller lineups work

5 Likes

I’d imagine some matchup zone type work. If you go Sasser, Mills, Jarreau, Grimes & Gresham (or something similar) as your 5 maybe you run a 23 matchup setup where you both deny the post entry and immediately double team anything in the post. Some of the size you give up in the post by playing a 4 guard lineup is made up for by the ability you to rotate and close out on perimeter shots.

Definitely would be an interesting way to play against certain teams and matchups.

Taking anything from that video on strategies is silly.

We are going to work on all rotations including zones and press and different scenarios.