2021 offers

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1302662133277249537?s=19

This list here tells me he may have been concerned w playing time he would have been getting. Good basketball programs but not any top 15 programs which is where UH is firmly putting themselves already n hopefully consistently in coming years. Good luck to the young Man!

This is a little off topic but seeing Rick Pitino(Iona) offering kids makes me sick. Did he even get a show cause from stripper gate?

1 Like

True. Just thinking of the guys who could be here when he gets on campus. Grimes, Mills, Sasser, Mark, Shead. Plus some of the wings we are looking to bring in with Walker and Armbrester.

It’s definitely crowded.

It is why I never get excited over “commitments”
especially from 17 to 20 year olds.

2 Likes

Is Armbrester really a wing? From his highlight videos, he looks like an undersized big in the J’wan Roberts mold.

1 Like

This definitely feels like a situation where a kid thought he would come in and start automatically only to wake up the fact that is never the case with Sampson. Tough loss, but seeing what I’ve seen from CKS, probably the best.

They showed alright! :smile:. #TooMuchShow

1 Like

I know he has talent but I do not consider a commitment changing as a loss.

With Sampson I am always excited to see who he signs.

I want kids who want to be in the NBA, I do not want kids who are not willing to work for the NBA. Let those kids keep going to Austin.

1 Like

Random reminder

1. a decommit doesn’t mean they can’t Re-commit so trashing them on social media makes no sense 
 I’m not saying you can’t talk about it but DON’T @ them

2. why is it that when someone decommits there must be a negative story line attached to it. (“They weren’t going to get grades”, “they realized they’d be bench”, “we let them go cause we had a better player coming in” etc.) They could have just changed their mind

Thomas just responded on social media to the people saying “he realized he was going to be bench at UH”, saying that had absolutely nothing to do with

5 Likes

We could start a whole thread about “fans” that use social media to trash recruits :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I was really excited about that kid.

Hopefully on to a 6’10” plus big man or two.

Michael Thomas wasn’t going to be hurting for minutes here, but let’s be real. He wasn’t going to come in and be a starter. I was very happy about landing him because I thought he was going to come in and compete for the sixth man of the year and be our 4th guard. I fully expect Grimes to leave after this year. Mills, Sasser, Mark, and Thomas would have been awesome. Now, we’ll just rely on Shead as our 4th guard. I’m not unhappy about that proposition.

Doesn’t take away my belief that he is the best JUCO guard in the country. I think he is. But we are loaded at guard. Especially if Grimes comes back.

2 Likes

He’s not hurting at offers. Hes picked up St Johns, aTm, DePaul, Georgia, MissS.

He’s badass

He is a total stud. Maybe he’s starting to get more interest from major programs and wants to open things up.

I don’t think he said Houston is removed from consideration.

What do you think about the PF Armbrester who is committing somewhere tomorrow? Do you feel maybe this played into it or just coincidence?

But they would of played different positions. Arm would played PF and Thomas would of been a SG. I hope he knows that. He was getting big offers before committing to us. Once he went to the JUCO showcase last month I guess he started receiving more interest and other coaches were probably blowing him up so he reopen.

1 Like

Yea I don’t think we will know what happened so I wish him the best. I don’t want to speculate w/o any inside info.

The only silver lining is the team is deep at guard and you can always find good guards.

1 Like

We can turn our attention to Armbrester since its seems like a done deal. Rivals have 5 picks in for him to UH.

His demeanor and energy reminds me of Hinton coming out of HS.

1 Like

It was a lock as soon as Corey Evans put in his pick.

1 Like