Available Grad Transfer QBs

Can he do that if he grad transfers though?

I don’t know why it would be different here vs. somewhere else.

1 Like

Fair. But the gpa point still stands.

I’m guessing late registration ends next week. He has to make a decision soon.

1 Like

This all seems so chaotic for him. On the surface it looks poorly planned. But, maybe his dad has a master plan.

In the NTSU game, before he “tweaked” his hamstring, he looked very good and showed good wheels. It was obvious that he struggled with that lingering injury and an offinsive line that had more players on the sidelines injured than available to play.

4 Likes

Tune is a good QB and all that, but when he takes a lick he starts dishing out picks like Oprah dishing out cars. Plus , that hamstring may just decide to say hello at some point . Between that and Dana junior, it’s going to be tough to win games especially roadies… We need an experienced QB here pronto, at least someone with some moxy to juice up this program and win some games

C’mon now “anyone” who is a good QB will start dishing out picks when he takes a lick in the pocket. It’s FB 101.

…FOOD FOR THOUGHT…
If Tune would get crazy confident and accurate on his 10 - 25 yard passes…then maybe he will survive the competition pool Fanatics…maybe he should study Patrick Mahomes QB style.

courtesy of Kansas City Sports
"Mahomes scrambles around in the pocket to buy time. He looks to his right side and where does he throw the ball? Not to the right side. He throws a no-look pass to left and it goes for a nice gain. Demarcus Robinson was the receiver on the play.

It’s not his longest completion of the season, but if this play doesn’t make you go wow, nothing will. There are no other quarterbacks in the NFL that you see routinely manipulate and trick defenses with their eyes and throw this type of no-look pass. Mahomes does it, while scrambling around and avoiding defenders, and he makes it look easy.

Chiefs Kingdom is truly blessed to have this young phenom as their quarterback. Plays like this almost have become routine each week, but don’t get too spoiled. Everyone has to remember how special these plays are because they aren’t normal. The league has never seen a quarterback make plays like this look so routine and the Chiefs have rarely had a quarterback capable of doing such things."

Gee, do you really think Mahomes is better than Tune? Wow, who’d a thunk? Unfortunately, there aren’t that many Mahomes around, in fact only one I know of and he’s used up all his eligibility and already committed to the Chiefs.

What we need is for Tune to play his best and for the OL to protect him and receivers get open and catch the dang ball.

5 Likes

Clayton hasn’t played half a season healthy. He looked exceptional pre-injury. He’s very young and he’s learning a new offense just like King was. He needs a little seasoning. That’s all. But if that O-line doesn’t improve you can literally put Michael Vick back there and back him up with Randall Cunningham and it won’t matter.

2 Likes

His name was Michael Graham. He was a true freshman, although by the time you get to the national championship game you have already played a full season. He was big, bald headed, and aggressive; and he was most definitely the difference maker in that game, as Hakeem and Sampson basically cancelled each other out. (I was at that game.)

And, no, he never passed a single class at Georgetown and the national championship game was the last time he ever played for the Hoyas.

Ewing, I think you meant–not Sampson.

1 Like

I think you’re right. - And, I should have proofread it before hitting “Reply”. However, neither Ewing, nor I can read.

2 Likes

:flushed::fearful::hushed:

So is it now (or has it been) too late for any more QB’s to join us for the Spring?

Looking at the academic calendar, today is the last day to add a class for the regular session but we have some mini-sessions that I’m guessing a transfer could come in and add. Not sure how online post-bacc works since that’s what a transfer would probably be taking.

It seems late but several of these guys still don’t seem to have schools. I’ve updated the OP to remove Duffey (CMU) and Franks (Arkansas). A lot of Miss State fans are chattering about Costello on twitter. Not sure if there’s any mutual interest between him and Leach or if they are just thirsty.

I remember that bald headed bastage Graham.

1 Like

So I think Costello might be pretty good and could have been good for us…

(No disrespect to Tune)

2 Likes

Props on the 8 month bump. I was actually thinking about the arguments here when I saw the game he had.

1 Like