Baby Briles

WRONG…UT hired Casey Horny who was in the middle of the Baylor mess as much as Kendall and anyone else.

They are only obligated to pay his BASE salary…which is usually well below the overall package.

So UT is going to repeat hiring an AAC OC that runs Briles spread to save their troubled HC in year 3? Somehow I don’t see their big money guys lining up for that play again. IMO, more likely he gets a look for an opening at TT.

1 Like

We lucked out getting Briles. He wouldn’t be here if not for the BU scandal. He will be leaving with Big Ed, he just hasn’t announced it yet. Just sit back and enjoy the year.

Arizona and TTU should be easy wins if the defense shows up.

1 Like

Usually, but in applewhite and donofrio’s case uncle tilman wanted to make sure they weren’t poached an put in a big buyout. Granted we are two years in so the buyout is less, but still nothing for a program with a $18 million deficit to sneeze at.

IIRC, Applewhite’s contract was for 5 years, while Donofrio’s was for 3 years (so they would have 3 & 1 year left, respectively, at the end of the current season).

The deficit is mostly funny money !!

1 Like

Amazing to read the up and down scenarios from posters on here. 1st half Briles get outta here, 2nd half – oh he done after 1 yr moving up. Next week fire the OC , he never should have been hired, oh but wait… never mind. #I’mdizzy

5 Likes

First half, second half…More like minute by minute !

Yes Texas tech could be a real possibility, kingsbury will probably get canned this year

I personally chose to wear long sleeve shirt. More than once last year, I returned home with “sunburn” and over the season, I wore out a tube of Aloe Vera burn ointment. I have had “no” ill effects from the sun, but did end up a bit dehydrated following the game . . . . .

1 Like

Same here. Long sleeves saved my skin, but i was dehydrated. Thankfully tdecu lines move faster and they have the water towers

It also tells me we need a lot of depth on defense because they are on the field all day.

4 Likes

We won our first game, shaking off first game rust and jitters to dominate our cross town rival. CMA has made big adjustments from last year and is looking to have a great season. And all some people can look forward to his firing him and replacing him with the OC – even if we make an NY6 game. Amazing. We would look beyound stupid.

5 Likes

:joy: we fans need to shake off first game jitters too. I am on board with CMA, he made the decision to cut BJ quickly, so let’s let things play out. How was Bill’s first couple years? How about Dabo Sweeney? He was an internal hire.

2 Likes

I am pretty critical of coach Applewhite but I feel the sign of a good coach is whether they can recognize the problem and fix it. It’s way to early to tell but it appears he did that in the off season. He could of easily pick a OC that ran his style but he went completely different bc he knew that did not work here at UH. That is a good sign in my book. If we are very successful this year and KB leaves I feel Applewhite should continue. Sumlin was able to hire 2 successful OC at UH and I don’t see why Applewhite could not.

6 Likes

At least three regular contributors on this board (although one hasn’t been on in ages) claimed firing Levine would make us look stupid.

Turns out firing Levine was genius.

So I’ll risk genius any day.

We have played one game and you ladies are worried about the oc leaving?

5 Likes

Worried about Texas screwing us anyway they can!!!

UH needs to do their part and beat Texas Tech so UT goes after Kingbury if he loses his job.

2 Likes