BOOM! Josh Carlton UCONN Center

Of course it really doesn’t matter what me or any of us think. If Kelvin and staff wanted him, more than enough for me

Like I said before, Kelvin didn’t sign an extension to take a step back at the age of 65. His interviews since Saturday’s loss have been pretty bold about next season

8 Likes

Looks great !

1 Like

Like I have posted Sampson is building a team. There are 13 ships. Those ships are used to bring in pieces to build a roster. We lacked a piece that Carlton fills and we can use that ship again in November and a great group in Houston to recruit. What piece is next?

1 Like

Welcome big guy!

Finally! Now - let these coaches help you young man.

Go coogs.

LMAO!

Coach Bishop is first

Can you explain this? We’ll just be starting the season in November, so how does his scholarship open up that early?

2 Likes

For the 2022 class

his point is that Carlton only has 1 year of eligibility

2 Likes

Definitely an upgrade size wise. The fact that we won’t need him for starters minutes should negate one of his big weaknesses (foul trouble). I’m kind of looking at this pickup as an improved version of the Nura Zanna get from a couple years ago. Liked what he had to say about CKS and the program. Guess this means we’re looking for guards now.

I remember them too just didn’t remember that about him. Too busy watching Boatwright lol

Runs the floor well. Very good mobility. Very good presence down low. Nice.

2 Likes

Wait a minute. I WANT to be excited about this new guy.

However, I noticed he only averaged 3.5 points per game last season as a Senior.

What gives?

dig deeper

2 Likes

Hurley gonna Hurley.

1 Like

UCONN wanted to play Adama Sanogo. Their very talented freshman.

uconn has 3 other centers the played over him, 2 were elite recruits (sanogo, akok, and whaley) …
very good post scorer prior to that… he has lost some weight not sure how that will affect his post scoring, but he runs the floor better now

comfortably the best combination of height at post scoring under sampson…note the bar was low prior

2 Likes

That’s all I needed to hear. If Sampson was one of the first coaches to reach out to him and said he’s a piece we need than I’m excited. Let’s not forget this dude is 7 feet tall. We made Justin Gorham the best rebounder in the conference. Made Fabian white into a great rebounder. Brison and Harris who no offense to them were pretty green when they came here. Chaney average about 3 points last year and barley played now he’s out starting center. A 7 foot guy who at his best averaged 9 and 6 with 2 blocks a game on 60% shooting I’ll take that all day. Because like we always say, Sampson gets the best out of everyone. Imagine what he can do with those intangibles.

3 Likes