BOOM! Josh Carlton UCONN Center

Well, OK. I can’t argue with that!

Great post. Sampson really can develop players. Carlton will be no different.

2 Likes

Carlton may be looking to develop as a rebounder which should make him more interesting to the NBA.

Imagine if we could get him to play like Gorham

4 Likes

Than the AAC can pack their bags because it’s a wrap :joy::joy:

Piggy backing off this a bit. I’ve always felt that guys in our system pay about 2 inches taller on the glass. So basically we just a 7-1 center. That’s legit size down low.

1 Like

I have a theory that is just a theory so don’t come at me too hard :joy::joy:. What if Roberts is going to transfer and we picked up Carlton to play backup or maybe starting center and we move powell to the 4. Powell is listed as F-C, he can definitely play the 4 and might even be better at it. When he’s in the game on offense he basically plays the 4, he is rarely on the block, he loves looking for that jump shot. Maybe Roberts said I want to go somewhere and start right away. And we figured well powell can play the 4. We can go Fabian and Chaney than Powell and Carlton backs them up. I’m just spit balling here I really want all them to play but you can’t play all 5. I’m interested to see how you guys think it will work. I mean we are already calling Carlton a backup when his best year is by far and away better than anything our other centers have done. We said the same thing about Chaney than he went and stole the starting jump and Carlton is way more talented than him. So what do you guys think? How will the big rotation work? Do you think Roberts transfers out?

Your logic is flawless

Why go there with no indication?

2 Likes

I think it will come down to who pairs best with White.
I think Carlton will start and and we will see a lot of Chaney off the bench and some of Powell.
Francis I believe will RS.

1 Like

I’m guessing that if he a) gets a majority of the minutes, AND b) fully embraces Sampson’s rebounding philosophy, he could get double digit rebounds, and double digit points on 2nd chance shots.

Here’s hoping!

1 Like

Speaking of White I could see young Powell playing his role in a couple years along with being a little taller

I think bringing in Carlton gives Powell another year to develop, one he may need.

2 Likes

This is my take. And I agree. Someone to help bridge the gap before handing Powell the keys. I full expect Powell to be our starter in 2022.

2 Likes

Carlton leaving Uconn for Houston. To…you know…play at a basketball school. Lol

16 Likes

I think Powell will definitely be in the rotation this fall.

2 Likes

Starting to ponder the possible Twin Towers defense. I know it wouldn’t work all the time…but the way Powell wants to block every shot that he’s near…and if Carlton has a Chris Harris-esque mentality, I’d say throw them in together for small stretches and let our guards lockdown the perimeter. Might create some some serious difficulty getting shots off.

1 Like

Powell is pretty good with his feet. He runs the floor like a legit forward. I could see Powell teaming up with Carlton.

2 Likes

Funk - was thinking the same thing. Carlton and Chaney in the post with Fabian and Powell as stretch 4s. Stout interior D, extended D from paint out to the perimeter with the 4s, and inside / outside scoring. Robert’s showed the ability to guard the perimeter and could become more of a 4/3 with Armbruster as his understudy.

1 Like

Forgot about Armbruster. He’s coming highly regarded.