BOOM! Josh Carlton UCONN Center

Wow!

Powell’s perimeter game shows promise as well.

1 Like

Power Forward

Or with Fabian

I must have missed whether someone asked this earlier, but is Carlton a one year player for UH?

Yes. One year of eligibility.

Great pick-up!

Now CKS will bring in 2 guards with the other ships open. Our front court looks salty for next year!

He looks like a player with a high motor per the high lights. We needed someone who can guard the rim.

Watching Baylor shows how much we need a PG that can break down a defense and also score points.

I think this is a very strategic pick-up. The staff is probably more ecstatic than even us.

1 Like

OOPs on wrong thread

OOPs still on wrong thread

Okay, we filled a need with this strategic pickup - the young man definitely can shore up a possible weakness. However, I’ll be extremely disappointed if we use our last two scholarships on players who have yet to excel at the major college level but with supposed upside or “culture” guys that aren’t highly sought by other schools. We need a stud or two like Baylor has at the guard position - scoring machines that also get after you defensively. Now that we’ve shown we are Final Four material and with our first class basketball facilities (not to mention excellent academics), there’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to get a couple of those type of kids (or at least close to their caliber).

1 Like

Baylor was the best this year. But Baylor has had the same types of athletes for several years. It took them a few years to work it out.

Sampson’s culture guys seem to do pretty well. Baylor didn’t recruit people and suddenly walk into the championship game. It took him 15+ years to get there
with some pretty salty recruits along the way.

6 Likes

Give me X Johnson & A Franklin.

1 Like

Kyler Edwards and Miller Kopp looking more realistic. Kopp will give us flexibility to maybe go grab another guard.

Guards win championships !

1 Like

Edwards would be the type of energetic player that would feed the team personality.

nothing linking us to edwards outside of an article that said we “should” recruit him and would fit here