D'Eriq King

Not making excuses, but could his dad be the reason he left?? What if his dad was the main reason? I speak as one without any real knowledge of what really happened.

We can only speculate on the deciding factors of King’s decision. But it was a decision he made in consultation with his family. It sure appeared that his dad wanted him to transfer and let the cat out of the bag right after it was announced King was going to redshirt. At that moment he said D’Eric was going to transfer and D’Eric later said that wasn’t true. But, it turned out to be true after all.

End of story is he’s gone to Miami. My Coogs are here and Tune is our QB; those are the guys I care about. Miami, including King, means nothing to me. I think we should concentrate our efforts and support on the Coogs. For those who want to continue to support and follow King, go right ahead.

2 Likes

He is playing tonight

2 Likes

I’ll probably watch…maybe take a quarter of a shot everytime the word “Houston” is mentioned…i may even put on my King jersey on during the game.

1 Like
3 Likes

It’s all right there for everyone to read on how things went down. I wish the Man nothing but the best this year!

3 Likes

Great article that fleshes out all the stuff going on during this past year. It hasn’t been discussed a lot, but the offensive coaching staff was shaken up after the slow start to make Shannon the Co-offensive coordinator instead of Blackwell. Shannon’s role grew through the season.

I believe Holgersen, like Herman with Ward, wanted King to do more out of the pocket since running makes him prone to injury. King has had two freak knee injuries so it will be interesting to see if he holds up. I wondered last year if he would make it through last season taking the contact. Kyler Murray, with his size, is able to be mobile, but avoid contact.

Go D ’ King :crown: >>> Tune.

2 Likes

You need to give him a chance to prove what he can accomplish. The other QB is gone, we have a replacement, that’s in the past, move forward.

12 Likes

I just don’t get the Tune hate, I really don’t. He played behind a totally depleated Oline and had fewer WR’s to throw to, looked great at UNT until he pulled a hammy that bothered him the rerst of the season. Can we wait to see what he does this season first?

10 Likes

2018 King maybe but 2019 King <<<< Tune

7 Likes

Today won’t be a huge challenge for Miami it is UAB which is usually not very good

Miami was shutout by La Tech in a bowl who lost to UAB in conference play. Not saying the transitive property is the end-all-be-all, but Miami with a suspect offensive line better be careful.

1 Like

In 2018 King’s throws were ok. For whatever reason, (injury, new offense, whatever) last year his throws were beyond awful. You just cannot have that in Holg’s offense, you just can’t. That is indisputable, in my not so humble opinion.

As pissed as CDH (I mean he was PISSED) was after the Tulane game, you knew something was going to change. I actually give both credit for handling it the way they did, especially Coach.

Go Coogs! LbM!

2 Likes

My mistake… I definitely DO NOT like this statement. It has no merit, like most all of what 2020 posts !

1 Like

King definitely did not appear to be the same QB in 2019 that he had been in 2018. Not sure whether that was because of the change in coaches/offenses, coming back from injury, or what exactly.

We’ll see if he makes a comeback with Miami.

I was bummed when he left, but I’m hoping that Tune will improve over last year and be every bit as good of a QB as King.

2 Likes

you can unlike it EE!

1 Like

Touching article about a kid who went through a lot of adversity. I still wish him well, but he is not our QB, he’s someone else’s now. If he had stayed, maybe he would have gottoen it down and starred. If he had stayed, maybe Tune would have redshirted as planned. But he left.

We have a guy I think will flourish in this offense which didn’t seem to fit King last year. I am pulling for our guy and following our guy. I am not pulling against King, it’s just that he’s not our guy and what he does at Miami doesn’t matter to me. Maybe he will be the next Murry, who knows; but that does nothing for UH.

1 Like

Umm, UAB played in the CUSA Championship last year and still has a hell of a defense. Their offense will sputter against the Cains, so a 3 TD lose is a likely outcome.

Think I missed that class🤪.