Future of College Sports in Texas - Livestream

I have absolutely zero sympathy for any Texas schools left behind in the B12. Literally could not care less about their futures. UH is simply the better investment in terms of state funds or legislative support than whatever is left of the B12. And I think data reflects that.

13 Likes

https://twitter.com/Alex__Briseno/status/1422261106425450501?s=20

live thread

1 Like

Am hearing a lot of university of Houston in this hearing, UH is a force.

7 Likes

Yeah, the more that I have listened, the more positive it has been for UH. Although, I would rather be in the PAC 12 than the 12, it’s nice to have the talk about us be positive. For once.

3 Likes

Fudge might be a bit strong but we absolutely have some forceful advocates for us. Especially in Whitmire

Bowlsby did explain that UH wasn’t additive to the cable dollars (still big as a % of revenue) the Big XII captures. This is important for people to know. Our location within the footprint of the conference doomed us because we’d take more money than we bring in.

This could be the reason UH isn’t added once again. It is likely the only reason left.

While that may be true, the real reason why UH was left out was because the lesser powerful teams coaches were vocal that adding UH would significantly hurt their recruiting. Period. I remember it vividly.

8 Likes

Without UT that logic collapses on B12-4.

7 Likes

That statement encapsulates why the B12 is failing. Tone deafness will be their deathnell

1 Like

By that logic, why was TCU added?

7 Likes

This right here. Anyone who believes the B12 has a lock on the Houston households is high as a kite. No conference has a lock on this city.

6 Likes

The cable numbers don’t matter as much anymore. Bowlsby himself admitted that the future is streaming.

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to this on the background while working.

Whitemire is going at the B12 comish, basically grilling him about why UH wasn’t included.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty awesome.

Lots of talk about the PUF. Sounds like bills coming in both chambers to open it up.

8 Likes

It seems that the Big12 will look for 4 teams and keep moving forward. It also seems that PUF is going to be a hot topic in both houses.

2 Likes

The Baylor president is talking now. This should be fun. I guess she is going to convince people that Baylor has pulled it own weight all of these years and that they deserve the very best treatment above others.

‘They are an R2 university but they are trying’ lol

4 Likes

It may have been true they had most of our market with UT but now, they lost the Houston market so they need our market bc no one is going to watch the big 12 in Houston without a Houston presence here.

5 Likes

Screw Baylor… she is pushing the p 5 designation.

1 Like