KU next domino?

(This is FAKE)
Some clown used Bruce Feldman’s name to put this up earlier.
It was all over via word of mouth and message boards.

Many thought it was real and rejoiced (KU, ISU) or cried (the other 6 of the Irate 8).
-Feldman eventually got the twitter account deleted after a few hours.

I understand Kansas has a great basketball program.

I still don’t think Kansas goes to the Big Ten.

2 Likes

Mangino turned them into Top 10. It can be done

1 Like

That’s a great sales pitch.

Then why havent they? Because Big 12 isnt even OFFERING right now…They are paralyzed without a contract to sell…and WILL be, until situation changes…and it NEVER changes unless ESPN wants it to…

1 Like

Bowlsby in the tx senate hearing stated that the reason UH wasn’t added to the big 12 was because the Houston market was already penetrated by the big 12. What was his exact wording relating to the actual fractional return on the dollar that UH would bring to the BIG12 .

edited it’s answered in this post

Yes Baylor and tech owned the Houston market muhahaha

2 Likes

I don’t know. Aren’t we talking about the same conference that added Rutgers?

They added Rutgers and Maryland because the piece of the cable revenue scooped up by Fox and ESPN was substantial. NY, NJ, and DC area. Enough to admit two schools with miserable followings. Conversely, Kansas or ISU can’t deliver on that.

1 Like

I grew up in New Jersey until I was 14. I never met anyone that follows the university of Rutgers. I knew lots of people that follow Villanova.

1 Like

They added TCU and they already had penetrated the Dallas Fort Worth market. That’s a bunch of bull!

4 Likes

What does George Jones have to do with anything?

1 Like

You are right that the ACC schools will not be raided right now, but it is a certainty that the ACC will be raided in about 10-15 years…IF…the ACC does not renegotiate their TV contract and get more revenue. This is why I have thought that the MOST LIKELY conference to expand is the ACC…then followed by the PAC. The ACC DESPERATELY NEEDS to trigger a renegotiation of its TV deal…the only way to do that is expansion…now I’m hearing that WVU doesn’t add value and frankly I don’t believe that, but even if it were true it would NOT MATTER. The ACC doesn’t have a lack of value problem…they have densely populated markets on the east coast that is vastly underpaid…if the tv contract could be renegotiated right now WITHOUT expansion the ACC would get paid…but they need an expansion to trigger. Now if ESPN really does want the Big 12 to disband then those evil maggots need to give some big 12 schools like WVU an incentive to vote to disband…the only thing that would “move the needle” for WVU to vote to disband, would be if WVU were invited to the ACC and if the ACC received fair market value for its TV contract. The same thing seems relatively true for the PAC…they need more TV revenue, and the Pac contract is up in 2024…if I were ESPN would suggest a package of 4 schools that could expand the PAC, get votes to disband the Big 12, and would increase Pac 12 revenue. Now maybe the pig feces at ESPN just enjoys paying 150 million dollars into an utterly worthless Longwhore network…if so, that is there choice, but if I were ESPN I’d be trying to influence WVU to the ACC and 3 Big 12 schools into the PAC. They might have to pay a little more for the ACC and PAC contracts but would save 150 million dollars on the Longwhore network…I absolutely do NOT see the B1G expanding.

So would Rutgers

I’m sorry but yes, the Big 12 had 6 freaking Texas schools in the conference…it like suggesting a Kardashian needs to add a little more @$$. Houston didn’t fit in the Big 12 because they are Texas trying to get into a Texas league…but everything that worked against Houston getting into the Big 12 would work for them being added to the Pac 12

This!

I’m not one of the wackos (I say that in jest because we all have our opinions) who think the big 12 is afraid of us.

But UT and Oklahoma definitely already had the dfw cable subscription market before adding tcu.

Adding us wouldn’t have increased their income, but their excuse falls into lying.

1 Like

Now they are down to tcu, baylor and Tech so they need to recapture Houston bc the number of people watching b12 in Houston will fall dramatically unless Houston is added. In 2016 that wasn’t the case.

2 Likes

With the departure of Oklahoma and Texas, the Big 12-4 will be losing 50 % of those TV sets in the Houston market…That argument is no longer valid. We should be attractive to any conference other than the SEC.

5 Likes

I was speaking of why Houston wasn’t invited to the Big 12, 2 years ago. Now Houston might be very attractive to the Big 12 right now but I assume from what I read here on this site that most Houston fans wouldn’t want to be in the Big 12 now, and I also personally believe that Houston might be in play to be invited to the PAC 12

1 Like

I find it ironic that all things mentioned by WVU here about WVU and the ACC has a renegotiating for expansion? I remember those triggers and what happened. You don’t think the ACC remembers? Not real hard to see a threat of expansion gets everyone a pay bump to keep it extra mouths to feed, it worked before I’m sure it will work again.

Market duplication? ACC has Pitt, Louisville, and VaTech in the area that isn’t exactly booming in population growth. Been there too. Unfortunately, I think you’ve been relegated to the land of expendability with us. Based on the current landscape collect those major paychecks and stash as much as you can from them. The big checks are probably going away. But hey in a few years after things are settled I could really use an early September conference game have to sync up with Gauley releases that’d be a pretty sweet weekend for me.