Gameday Thread; Houston at Temple, Wednesday at 6pm onESPNNEWS (L 73-69)

No one is calling for any adjustments.

This one is on the Refs.

2 Likes

Temple needed the refs help to win, not at the end of the game, if Davis dishes to Brady at the end it is OT. But the offensive foul on Davis and the second T, were just the refs giving Temple the advantage. This team will be fine, maybe still a #3 seed.

6 Likes

Hard to call it a no call. Davis practically rode the guy like a horse on the way to the ground. If Davis had gone more straight up and made less contact then yes, that should be a no call.

We 'll see what the crowd will look like Sat.

Losses arent a bad thing college basketball…this actually benefits us conference wise as temple is now a tourney team…and out league could get 4 bids

2 Likes

Principle of verticality my bellybutton (It is a family board).

1 Like

Why is it that we can never get home cooking like that when we play at home. Do the officials in Houston just hate us? I can’t wait for temple to come play us at home i bet we blow them out.

2 Likes

No worries we’ll just knock them out of the conference tournament in March

:broken_heart::hear_no_evil::relieved::sob::sob::sob: I need a hug

I am not joking! With this teams tenacity, this could be one of those losses that fuel us not to lose another in conference. If beat UCF and Cincy it is doable.

1 Like

Its okay. This team played hard and kept it close till the end. Refs had some stuff to do but we knew a loss would happen eventually.

Sat will sell out. One conference loss to a good coached team doesnt define a season.

1 Like

Temple will be walking into a buzzsaw on Jan. 31.

1 Like

Go away troll

It’s a real thing that has been called all season long. If the roles were reversed, no one would question it.

Agree. It was close enough to not call a block, but it should have been a no-call.

Either way, we didn’t play well enough to win, but damn.

1 Like

Naw I’m here. Ignore my posts if you like.

We made Temple go through 40 minutes of Hell to beat us. Most teams aren’t willing to do that. Hats off to the Owls tonight. Coogs showed some serious fight tonight. Several times we were down by 5,6, or 7 and I thought well our guys will pack it in and we just kept coming. Made me proud.

3 Likes

That was not a bad call at the end, but you just never see that called in that situation. If it hadn’t been the same ref who T’d up CKS for taking his tie off, I probably wouldn’t be so upset right now. We didn’t play a very good game tonight and still almost won the thing on the road. That’s somewhat encouraging to me. We’ll get back on track by beating the tar out of Wichita State on Saturday.

6 Likes

Let’s run the table in the rest of conference play! Use this as fuel!

5 Likes

I am not saying it is not a real thing.

I am saying planting yourself is not basketball.

It is a bad rule.