I find it particularly disgusting

But it does not change the fact that his teams played no defense and had more personal foul penalties than I care to recall. He is a great offensive mind and was the best at that vs. Sumlin and the former Coach that went to UT recently. I don’t care if he was a scapegoat or not…he was the head coach of a football program accused of terrible CRIMES (not just recruiting violations or other “victimless” violations). I support any UH coach that is hired (even Penders even though I detested him at UT) but, if Briles is hired, that streak will end as I see it as UH selling its soul for football success and I want no part of that. Maybe he is still proud to be a Cougar…

Baylor accused Briles of that. However, Briles and his attorney contend that it had already reported up the chain at the time.

Well there you go! So again, I ask what exactly has Art Briles been proven to have done wrong up at Baylor?

The simple fact that he didn’t report it, didn’t investigate, and it all didn’t end in suspension/dismissal is what’s wrong. How some of you can’t understand that is beyond me… kids get dismissed for breaking “team rules” all the time…how in holy hell is gang rape of your fellow students not a “violation” of HIS team’s “rules.” Either you don’t get it, or you’re willing to lie and compromise/don’t have morals. Either way, I’m sure the Briles defenders and I will never agree. We have a clear fundamental difference in morality. Just like Briles and I.

2 Likes

If you can’t see what he did wrong ethically, and morally it is a waste of time pointing it out to you. BTW. That jpeg posted is CYA. It is noticeable that all babs did was the minimum of what he was required to do, not what he should have done. One more question. have you heard of the phrase “aiding and abetting after the fact.”?

1 Like

First off, investigating it is not his job, and it shouldn’t be. I would not want a football coach investigating an alleged rape, especially a gang rape.

Secondly, last time I checked, you are innocent until proven guilty. Pending an investigation, which never happened because the victim did not report, what are you supposed to do? If the players in question had been investigated, then there would be grounds for dismissal from the team.

Maybe this is why the boosters are a little more quick to support him. They have money, which means they have run businesses. You can’t fire people because of allegations. You have to let the judicial system run its course.

…and my morals are just fine. In fact they are fine enough that I don’t go judging people when I have no firsthand knowledge of their actions. I do not condone rape and never will. I do not drink alcohol or smoke. I don’t go around convicting people because the liberal media tells me to either.

1 Like

If it’s clear the police aren’t going to investigate the MULTIPLE claims of rape, then it is morally you’re job to do it as the leader of young men, no matter if it is possible to hide behind “job description” as an excuse not to do it… Again, morally you and I have VERY different standards if you don’t understand this.

No it is not your job. That is why we have police and courts, and again I think you are the one with moral issues if you think you can just go around judging people without firsthand knowledge.

And I’m glad you can hide behind job description add an excuse not to do it. It’s also not my job to help a woman with a flat tire on the side of the street. My morality tells me to go offer my help.

What does a woman with a flat tire that have to do with allegations of criminal intent? Apples and oranges…

Do you really not understand the example? It’s not complicated. You can deflect as much as you want, but it’s clear our moral standards are different, it’s that simple. I’m done.

I understand perfectly. If someone doesn’t agree with you, then they are the enemy. It is a common millennial thought process. If you don’t agree with me, you hate me. Is it possible that we are both people of high moral character, but disagree on how the Baylor rape scandal was handled and who is ultimately responsible? Maybe just maybe, I am church-going, God-loving Christian with three kids that doesn’t drink, smoke, or cuss (that much), but we just have a difference of opinion. That doesn’t make me a bad person, and it doesn’t make you a bad person either. I know that might be hard for some people of today to understand, but there it is.

1 Like

'Member when BaylorFans was all up in arms over the Briles firing, and we all pointed and laughed because that would never happen here?

I called you my enemy? I said you’re of “low” moral character? I said our standards are different, you can put whatever spin on that you like…and you can put whatever words in my mouth you want as well(although it doesn’t make it true). Did i say it made you a bad person? If that’s what you want “different standards” to mean, that’s on you, not me. You going to church, not cussing, or drinking means that you go to church, don’t cuss or drink…that’s all. Lots of people do that, it doesn’t mean all that much. You defend him by hiding behind his “job description” and that means you have a different standards than i do. I think it’s incumbent upon people to do the right thing, whether it’s in your job description or not. Hence different standards, all that other stuff you added is stuff YOU are adding to my argument…not me.

I’m the biggest college football fan there is, and in no way, shape or form would I be behind the university (as a contributing alumnus) anymore if they hired that man. He turned a blind eye to rape. Some things are bigger than athletics.

To the people defending him, what would your reaction be if one of the victims were YOUR daughter?

4 Likes

Five years? She-it, you can’t predict what next year is going to look like.

Herman will be at UT and will probably win 10+ games with the talent Charlie stocked up for him.

Sumlin might not even be at A&M after next season if they have another like this one. Sumlin has had a November meltdown every year except 1.

Kingsbury might be gone unless Tech is fine with the mid/low level B12 position.

If UTSA/Tx State want to give Briles a chance then that is on them. They are G5 and Briles will use them to leave to another program as soon and his radioactive cloud dies down.

Chad Morris to Baylor is going to be dealing with being at ground zero for a while.

Houston will be fine. As long as a Levine type hire doesn’t happen, we’ll be fine. By Levine type hire, I mean someone who has no business being a head coach or the “brains behind the operation”.

Let me add…
In your scenario, what P4 conference is going to say “hmmmm, what our conference really needs is access to the TVs in San Antonio or San Marcos”?
One team plays in the SUNBELT!!! SUNBELT!!! The other is in CUSA.
One more time… THE SUNBELT!

Even Levine wasn’t as terrible as he was made out to be. He left a relatively good situation behind for Herman, which is more than can be said for some of our other coaches. If that’s the worst case scenario, we’re in pretty good shape.

1 Like

He went from Special teams coach to HC. His staffs were mediocre at best. Meacham bailed in time and is doing well at TCU. Gibbs is dying out in west texas.

Those 8-5 seasons truly felt like losing season. He was given the keys to shiny new stadium and proceeded to drive into a ditch his first time behind the wheel against UTSA (at the time a 5 yr old program). He did it again a few months later when he crashed it during the homecoming parade against Tulane.

And you certainly don’t lose to Southwest Texas State University.

Puhleeze…

1 Like

He’s simply saying it wasn’t horrible. There were some good positives. We’ve had coaches with almost no positives. Would you like to be Tulane right now? They have no positives. You might of felt like they were losing seasons, but fact is that weren’t, and we had some GREAT recruits in those 2 seasons.

1 Like

Tony Levine was a good man, a good special teams coordinator and a good recruiter. He was loved by his players until the very end. He left CTH with some relatively good talent that CTH was able to turn into a 13 win season. I know a school counselor at a local high school who said Tony Levine was more loved by high school athletes than any coach she can remember coming through here. However, Tony Levine was a terrible head coach, and for that, he lost his job. I don’t really know where I’m going with this, but just wanted to put it out there that, although he stunk as a head coach, I respect him a lot more as a man than I do Briles, Sumlin or Herman.

Oh yeah I remember where I was going with this. JUST SAY NO TO BRILES!

4 Likes