It's time to get your butt in gear (Fertitta Center)

I hope those walls do not restrict the view. That would be a disaster even worse than not
having restrooms on the third deck of the football stadium.

1 Like

Ok, I finally made it out to be something & Elvin Hayes court. I like that Elvin has his name on the court. But what is with this administration and long names that include a & symbol on our facilities?

1 Like

How about a pic or a hotlink to this court webcam ?? thanks

Oh you didn’t see the ticket disclaimer for those wall seats. “BYOB” Bring Your Own Booster seat. :laughing:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Globies/status/1054779763976560640?s=19

1 Like

I think the court says Rayleen & Elvin Hayes Court. This might sound nitpicking but why does his wife’s name have to be on the court? He is the hall of fame player for UH and not her. I just think it looks tacky to put the & symbol on the court. They might as well just put just Hayes on the court then.

I’m assuming they both donated for the honor of naming the court.

2 Likes

His wife’s name is Erna.

Well then I am not sure what the other name on the court is then.

Well looking at the clip David posted of the Harlem Globetrotters, it looks like they have a lot of work left to do on the inside in 5 weeks before the first game is scheduled at Fertitta Center.

I can see the first game now. Signs on the walls saying “Wet Paint” and in the restroom saying “Don’t Use The Toilets Yet”. :disappointed:

Nothing but mud outside alone Cullen.

I know it’s all going to look very nice when they are finished but they better get their butts in gear.

Like any construction crew, they know the deadline and will work right up to it.

I wonder if they have ever heard of tarps !

As long as there are no bleachers up when Oregon arrives…

1 Like

No bleachers. Just high walls to block your view.
:laughing::laughing:

The baselines are part of the old seating bowl. The new sideline was squared off to the court. They put in a whole new angle of seating that has a steeper angle on the sideline opposite of the new club. The walls are there because of the whole seating bowl not being one angle

Looks to me like the Globetrotter video is a few days old.

If those walls are blocking the view somebody needs to be fired and the Prexy needs to be
told immediately.

If those walls are blocking any part of the court I’ll demand my $$s back.

You would think they could just trim the height of the wall from looking at it without being up close. Don’t even think they would need plexi if it comes that.

I’m assuming that $60mil purchased an architect smart enough to set the wall height low enough to be seen over by those sitting behind it. If it didn’t, well…

4 Likes