Kyle Allen gonzo

How often do those great QBs ride the bench? Stop this madness! I’m rooting for Kyle but don’t pretend the sample size is sufficient enough to compare him to Keenum, Brady (some have compared him to Brady) and other QB’s who are recognized for their on field feats. What has he done on the field to make you believe they’re similar?

3 Likes

something very interesting, nfl teams are only allowed 30 visits …the seahawks just used 1 on kyle allen

the seahawks also just released trevon boykin, meaning the ONLY qb on the seahawks roster in Russell Wilson…

i just googled everyone they have given and official visit to…Kyle Allen is the only qb. the only other qb that they have supposedly taken a really deep look at is josh allen according their sites…josh will not be available by the 18th pick…(obviously they can make trades, but would they make a trade like that when they already have a starter)…they are looking for a back up

3 Likes

Texans used a visit on Lamar Jackson

Who said any of those things? No one. Go off much?

You know a year ago Kyle was on a Trajectory to be a legit high pick. I would say lots of us expected him to put up solid numbers in 2017 and then go pro.

I like Seattle as a landing spot. Paul Carroll is known to be an offensive guru and could due wonders with Kyle should Wilson ever get hurt.

Pete Carroll probably could too :wink:

I agree. I think it is a perfect place for him because he’s not going to be rushed into anything. Not that he’s a hot commodity like a first round pick to be forced into a roll immediately. However, it is nice for him to get into the league, have time to develop his skill set, make some good money, and stay healthy.

2 Likes

Perfect place for him??? Hmmm. Currently they have very mobile QB , so Allen would fit right in. Like on SNL skit… okkk oookkk then!:wink:

Ok I never said anything about his mobility etc etc etc. I specifically was talking about an opportunity to get into the league, learn… you can re-read the rest. But I do appreciate your sarcasm/criticism of something completely different from what I said.

1 Like

Kyle Allen wasn't invited to the NFL Combine, but is now catching the attention of a number of teams. @JwPalms sat down with Rich to discuss the unknown but uber-talented prospect: #AUDIENCEsports pic.twitter.com/esIvcYoykH

— AUDIENCE Sports (@AudienceSports) April 11, 2018

Rooting for him! He is getting attention!

1 Like

lol OMG read much? These guys have made those comparisons, and literally everyone who keeps agreeing (liking) your posts. There have also been statements on other boards in addition to this one. Again, I’m rooting for Kyle just like every other Coog, I’m just doing it with leveled expectations. Don’t shoot the one thinking objectively. We’ll have to agree to disagree friend.

1 Like

I hope the guy does well and makes a roster. However I think it’s highly unlikely. If you can’t hold a starting job in college I just don’t see it happening in the NFL. Tannihill comes to mind but he was more athletic I believe. Maybe he should have stayed here and put in some more work. We’ll see I guess.

1 Like

kyle allen is heavily featured in the Draft Academy a tv show by espn that came out…espn is just putting it on espn+ which just lauched so it probably wont have too many views

If you read my comment, it was not a comparison to Tom Brady . . . . . It was wishing him success like Tom Brady . . . . . It appears to me that the “English” language is difficult for some on this board . . . . .

“Success” like Tom Brady, what does that all entail? Are you implying that you want him to win multiple Super Bowls as a starting QB in the NFL (we would all like that). Or, are you implying that there is some similarities between Kyle and Tom not receiving hype in college, being picked up in the 6th round (or In KA’ case, UDFA), and slaying mythical dragons onto becoming an elite NFL QB? I’m going to go with the latter portion. You were indirectly comparing him to TB, and implying that KA is capable of doing the same, because of the "overlooked " commonality between them. As stated before, I’m rooting for KA, but comparing the two based on their sample size isn’t a good point.

Seems a simple statement is too difficult for you to understand. Read all you want into it. Maybe if I had written the comment in iambic pentameter, you would have been able to comprehend . . . . .

Is that an Ad Hominem or an Ed Hochuli?

3 Likes

Can you guys stop? This board should not have any room for name calling.

2 Likes

I’m prepared to let it go. I just wanted to set the record straight, I did not do any name calling; I simply stated my argument, and supported it with evidence. I even tried to make sense of it all to continue the conversation. My intellect was then challenged. lol

they released a trailer for draft academy (kyle one of the 6 featured players)

1 Like