Maddox Kopp Qb recruit

But the experts in this thread have their concerns though.

1 Like

In the Longhorn thread? They don’t like it that Herman is looking at a 3 star. I assume he’ll become a 4 star after UT offers him.

Nothing like surrendering before there is even a battle.

4 Likes

Doesn’t UT already have a four star duel threat committed in the class? If they grab him I’d assume it’s because they expect the other guy to go somewhere else.

If Herman is recruiting the kid I would say the quarterback is currently flying well below the radar as a three star player…if Texas is serious he will end up being highly recruited IMO…

Why do we think we have a real shot at this kid?

And how is an Elite 11 guy only a three star?

Not to get into UT garb but Herman and staff has made it clear that their goal is to recruit 2 QBs for every recruiting class. While CDH has stated he rather go the other route n not accumulate too many QBs so he’s not faced w wave of transfers happening. Up for discussion on which is better way. They get paid to decide , we don’t :sunglasses:

1 Like

Imagine being an Elite 11 QB and 247 still hasn’t done its work on you. Like always, as soon as horn offers, he’ll magically be a 4 star.

I trust CDH…the man who offered early.

3 Likes

247 has done their work. They gav him a grade of 85 with 3 stars. There is no cumulative score because no other service has given him a grade.

At what point was he given a 85? Before or after CDH offered?

We offered him on June 5. Since he does not have a composite ranking there is no timeline on when 247 gave him his ranking. I know he has had his 3 star 85 grade since he showed up on our prospect list.

Interesting, an .85 is right in line with the ‘type’ of guys we get. If horn offers, .8999+ is right in line with the ‘type’ of guys they get. I’ll be following his recruiting closely here on out. I really hope we can land him.

So let’s follow this. We offered a 3*. The Horns offer, he moves up to a 4. He ends up at UH and drops back to a 3.

6 Likes

The conspiracy that they drop is weird since Lark didnt drop, oliver didnt drop, Na’Ty didnt drop. Cleveland didnt go up when he went to florida after decomitting from us.

What is likely to happen is that this QB will get a higher ranking from the services that have not ranked him yet bringing his composite (multiple services average) up above an 85.

I read up on the star rankings and it is pretty fair. 84-87 is a starter in P5 and a stud at G5 schools. 80-83 is a starter at g5 and a contributor at P5.

https://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-Rating-Explanation-81574/

1 Like

https://twitter.com/maddox_kopp/status/1278723318116429824?s=21

Its not a conspiracy theory. You named 3 out of thousands that didn’t drop. We can go all day about these sites and their flaws, but I think we should let the people who pay for subscriptions live in peace. They’re not not hurting anyone but their wallets. :sunglasses:

1 Like

What are some of the thousands that dropped once they committed here?

1 Like

I wish CDH would recruit more QB’s…looking at who has started games in the past 10 years:

We ended up starting our 2nd string quarterback in 2012, 2013, and 2016
We ended up starting our 3rd string quarterback in 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019
We ended up starting our 4th string quarterback in 2010.

2 Likes

My apologies if I wasn’t clear…I was speaking in terms of everyone, not just UH.

Edit:

I can give you a few that dropped here…Dot,Massoud, and Caesar are the most recent to keep in mind. That at least offsets your 3 you mentioned earlier, even though Ed would have been WAY too obvious. He could have wen’t anywhere and started as a true freshman. No way they would drop him to a 4 star.

Also keep an eye on Mark Wilson, he’s currently rated an 87.

Now you get it. Has been that way for 50 years.