After last nights games here are the NET updates:
UH 27 ------> 26
SMU 67-----> 73
Memphis 59------> 63
Cincinnati 50------> 55
Tulsa 82-------> 89
Wichita State 43----->42
Uconn 68

With SMU dropping to 73 in the NET after loosing last night to Tulane, that loss is dangerously close become a Q2 instead of a Q1

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the committee looks at a Q1 loss all that much differently than Q2. It would be a bigger deal for them to drop from Q1 if we had won the game.

1 Like

Good thing UH lost then :wink:

3 Likes

Seems like the conference is trying to ruin its own NCAA tourney bids this year. Just when Cinci looks to get things together and be an at large lock
 they start struggling. Memphis has just choked down the stretch. Hopefully Wichita gets hot and we have two teams get in with decent seeds because the rest of the league looks like they are talented chokers.

1 Like

I hope Wichita and us just win out (until we blow them out in the championship!). Better for us to get up to like a 5 seed and Wichita to go in as an 8/9.

3 Likes

I am interested in what happens to Wichita State down the stretch. 19-6 w/ games against USF (Q3), at Cincinnati (Q1), Temple (Q3), at SMU (Q1), at Memphis (Q1) & Tulsa (Q3). I also do not think the committee is going to show them all that much respect after loosing the way they did to us. I think they’ll get the dreaded 8-9 seed if they win out and don’t win the conference tournament.

1 Like

You’re right, you can be negative about stuff that won’t help the COOGS!

1 Like

Currently sitting #14 in KenPom. Highest ranking this year in KenPom for Coogs!!

7 Likes

Some freaky tourney thing will happen like UCF or Tulsa winning it.

2 Likes

CBS Sports Network discussed the American at length of halftime of the Wichita State game just now. They have 3 teams in us Cincy Wichita but the last 2 are on the bubble.

2 Likes

Moved up from 26 to 25 after the 1 point kiss to Memphis.

I love that the NET includes margin of victory so you can move up after a close road loss. We’ve had a bunch of close losses this season.

Memphis moved from 63 to 61.
BYU from 18 to 14.

4 Likes

Oregon and byu helped our SOS which is included in the NET

How far will we fall from rankings after 1pt loss is question

Something’s wrong. How did we move up after a loss? Someone is giving us the UT treatment. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m assuming stats are worth more than wins and losses in Net Rankings.

4 Likes

We may be able to hang on at 25. Arizona and Ohio St also lost this week. Texas Tech, Michigan, Michigan St won their games though.

Bounced back up to 17 in Pomeroy with the games played so far today.

3 Likes

I don’t want to be ranked. I’m sick of being given mulligans because everyone else is losing too. You get no such mulligans in tournament play. We need some chip on our shoulder no one believes in us moxie. That’s when the Coogs are at their best.

1 Like

Those days are over. Beating Ohio state and going to toe with Kentucky last season ended that. Plus basically beating Michigan the year before. The eyeballs are open and we are not sneaking up on anyone anymore.

2 Likes

We haven’t lost these last few games because we were overconfident and didn’t play hard

1 Like

25th in CBS Sports Top 25 and 1

3 Likes