OOC schedule

The metrics for seedings are more refined now. Everyone is looking for those few extra points. We’ll get some good programs down the road.

There is just so much $$$$ in maxing out home games.

UH needs the roadies at this point to get the brand back where it should be.

With our sold out arena, & continued Top 25 success, UH can do it down the line.
The $ will be there to pay these teams to come to HTown as the sponsors build up.

The amount of actually profit the “basketball schools” generates is startling.

This is a solid, detailed read.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1158165721643462663

3 Likes

11 can’t get here fast enough

1 Like

C’mon c’mon c’mon c’mon

The November schedule is out… only thing new are 2 different 300+ net games

1 Like

Why do we need those…?

At Oregon on a Friday night… believe I can take a day off for that.

Looks like.

Alabama State - Q4 game
BYU - Likely Q2
@Rice - Likely Q3 game
@Oregon - Q1 game
HBU - Q4 game
Texas State - Likely Q2 game
@South Carolina - Likely Q1 game
UT-Arlington - Likely Q3 game
Oklahoma State - Likely Q2 game
UTEP - Q4 game
Diamondhead Classic (Portland, Georgia Tech, Washington) 1 Q4 game, 1 Q2 game, 1 Q1 game. That’s if everything goes to plan.

Full schedule is out… only addition worth noting is uta at 17-16…
I be frank our schedule is worse than last year…we have zero chance at a top 2 seed…

Would need an insane record (and MUST meet and beat Washington) to even has a shot and a 3/4 seed

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s right. Our conference is much better this season. Pretty much every road game will be a Q1 game. Memphis and Cincy will be Q1 games at home. Wouldn’t shock me if Wichita State or USF are top 30 as well.

3 Likes

I think CKS knows the team will need some games to figure things out. Lost 4 starters and depending on a lot of new faces.

1 Like

LSU and Utah State were better than every projection for every team we play…

South Carolina isn’t a guaranteed q1 and are projected at the bottom of the SEC

Not one opponent we play is a projected top 25 except wazzup who we arent even guaranteed to meet

1 Like

We played 6 Q4 games OOC last year. And Oregon, Washington, Oklahoma State, BYU, South Carolina can all be tourney teams. Pretty much a guarantee that Oregon and Washington will be.

Alabama A&M
Rice (home game)
Northwestern State
Coppin State
Lamar
UTRGV
NJIT

That was our schedule last year. This year’s looks much better. Utah State was a complete unknown this time last year.

Add that with a much better conference schedule this year, you’re going to stick to us needing a Washington win to be a 3/4 seed? I don’t buy it. Memphis is better. Cincy will be better. USF will be better. Wichita State will be better. UCONN will be better. SMU will be better. Do I need to keep going?

2 Likes

What happened to that ACC game we were promised

1 Like

Where are you getting this Oregon guarantee.you realize they lost everyone to the draft???, it is August and they are still trying to piece together their roster

Oregon needed an auto bid last yr as a preseason top 15/PAC 12 favorite…but are calling them a guaranteed bid when they will be an all transfer roster pieced together on July?

Also noting the committee are people looking through an eye test…we beat a top 10 SEC champ…we had them as our bar
So you are basing your entire SOS on hope… Last year preseason had more “hope” than this year

Saint Louis was a preseason top 25, LSU and Oregon were projected to be elite…
Like every year bubbles will burst… not every team we think will be better will be… some will be good…but not all

1 Like

It has reached the point where UH is so good and so fun to watch, that to me it is an event to watch them regardless of the opponent. I’m good with watching some 30 point squash matches. More time for the freshmen to get better. I do think the conference has a chance to be pretty good.

9 Likes

I literally just showed you 6 or 7 Q4 games on our OOC schedule last season. And Saint Louis finished outside of the top 100 in NET last year. Our OOC, outside of Utah State and LSU, was very, very bad. We just cut our Q4 games almost in half with this schedule. But it’s worse? Got it.

1 Like

Guessing they backed out. If it was Virginia, as was rumored, I’m guessing they found other opportunities after winning the title.

1 Like