Replace Offensive Coordinator?

Did you hear this at the game? Did you straighten the “fans” out? No excuse for slandering people not even for drunks.

1 Like

Posts on twitter (which the players have access to). I definitely straightened them out.

1 Like

Unbelievable. I think some fans grew up playing ‘everybody gets a trophy’ sports and now they can’t deal with anything but 13-0.

Still think the OC is not up to the task. Changes are needed

4 Likes

We’re sending the message that we haven’t given up on the remaining games – of which there are now one fewer.

Is it conceivable that the OC may be replaced this week, or do you wait for Memphis game.

I don’t think changing OC’s will fix anything we just aren’t very talented on offense. We don’t have speed, our oline isn’t very good and the RB’s are mediocre at best. We are acting like the offense didn’t struggle last year. We don’t have Greg Ward getting yards off broken plays and making something out of nothing either.

3 Likes

Why was the oc ok with smu but not now?

I sure as hell hope so…to the first question.

With SMU, it appeared that we had made some progress, today we regressed, there is no consistency, at least, not yet.

There is consistency, SMU was the fluke, we are consistently bad an offense.

You are missing the pattern, I have solved all out problems. Kyle (insert last name here) plays decent enough to win a game, plays well to give hope, then plays like complete shit. So we let Kyle start two game, and before the turds drop we switch Kyle’s. No 3 game in a row starters anymore.

1 Like

So we need a QB that isn’t named Kyle.

Might break the pattern. That could go either way

Yes for the question.

We need to run a poll.

The play-calling was terrible. Make no mistake, though, this is Major’s offense, not Johnson’s. Yes, we need a dual threat QB to run it but the HC is the one making the call on which players see the field and who gets playing time. Just as Levine limited Ward’s talent giving him limited touches at WR before settling on him at QB the last few games of the season, we are seeing certain players get the bulk of reps while others sit on the sideline, or play out of position that limits their talent. Case in point, King had 4 passes thrown his way halfway into the 4th quarter while Dunbar had 10. Last week King played most of the game in the slot and was more involed in the offense only to disappear this game. He was key to last weeks win, in fact. Yep, certain players are either not playing much or playing the the wrong position, a potential dual threat QB playing WR, an OC in over his head. Hm…

I think the HC is “somewhat” over his head as well.

1 Like

Tulsa was keying in on King the entire game; he was getting swarmed under almost every time he touched the ball. They knew that he was the guy to watch on the offense.

We have little talent on offense right now due to the Levine years and the coaching changes since then. Our QB is a walk-on, 1 of our 2 RBs is a walk-on, 1 of our top WR is a walk-on. I respect all 3 of those guys, but it’s telling about the dearth of talent on that side of the ball.

We can call for coaching changes, but I’m not sure the results on the field will be that different under someone else at this point.

1 Like

I am with you Patrick but Major has been with us since 2015. That is two recruiting classes to find offensive players. We have been told that he is great local recruiter. Where are these recruits? I do not mean to be so harsh but that is what is jumping at me. I am hugely concerned on our depth and evaluation of talent. He does not believe on speedy receivers? Then where are the plays? We look like that we have no identity whatsoever out there. In case he knew that our WR’s were “not great” then he should have adjusted his offense. Major is a very bright guy. I have no seen anything new or new plays in six games. That is very concerning.
Why on earth would Major knowing that he was the new HC go with Mr. Johnson? There were plenty of candidates out there. I am sorry but we are lacking basic fundamentals and that is on the Coaching staff. We all know that this is a game of constant repetitions. To be so lackluster reflects terribly on the way we practice. We are far from being sound.

Any news on Ed Oliver’s injury?

2 Likes

Skill positions(scholarship)

'13 O’Korn (Xfer), Ward (grad), Skinner (off field issues), Glenn (off field issues), Ayers (left early), Gage (med retired), Cosh (JUCO), Webb (off-field issues), McCloskey (grad), Leday

'14 we brought in Fenimore (xfer), Martin (Xfer), Dyer (Xfer), Kokuma, Johnson (now DB), Brooker, Dunbar, Henry Smith (never made it), Appleton (off field issues)

'15 was a wash due to the coaching change. We brought in Gray (left), Justice, and Mark. Later, Kyle Allen, Catalon

'16 we brought in King, Dickson (left), Stevenson (injured), Lark, Sells (baseball), Car, Corbin

'17 we brought in Singleton, Smith, Bradley, and Ford; all freshmen. We also lost Daniel Young (UT), Carlos Grace (grades) after the coaching change.

Really wish Sells hadn’t left as he’d probably be starting right now, but his heart wasn’t in it. Other than that, what do we have left that isn’t a frosh or sophomore. You can’t have consistency with what we have for offensive talent.

Did the same awhile back for OL and it looks the same. We just don’t have a lot of talent on offense. Can we blame that on CMA when he wasn’t the head guy?

Next year’s class has a ton of speed and talent in it, but they’ll be young. Will this coaching staff be able to cooach them up this offseason?

2 Likes