SMU, SMU

Anybody who watched the game knows better…Tulsa spent the entire second half running the clock instead of trying to score more and solidify their lead…What A surprise they dribbled their lead away…then they miss, not one but 2 FGs in OT, either of which would have won the game…Thats just doing what losers do, which is what they are…

3 Likes

Yes. They did not play to win in the 4th qtr.

2 Likes

I missed Ben Hicks

1 Like

Why don’t you say how you really feel about Tulsa. :laughing:

2 Likes

It could be like when we went and beat Texas tech and OSU and then crapped the bed at UTEP. Hard to know what to do with success when it has been so long since you have had it.

1 Like

Or when we lost to UConn.

1 Like

I’ve always liked Spike & Sonny… Yeah going to Cal was a head scratcher. Saw documentary series on Sonny at Cal. Big family guy, really cares about his players.

He belongs coaching in Texas.

2 Likes

If SMU is a 10 win team this year, other schools are going to come calling and so long Sonny. Hopefully SMU will redo his contract to a competitive P5 salary.

1 Like

Pretty sure he wants to stay in Texas. SMU has the money to pony up. See what I did there??

3 Likes

Well, smu might not, but the wealthy boys will…and the cash will start flowing !!

1 Like

I know he wants the Tech job, but would settle for Baylor.

Baylor just extended Rhule

I don’t know what kind of money Sonny makes at SMU but if a P5 offers him $3.5-$4M, I believe he will take it.

I just don’t know what jobs would be available in the area.

Texas/TAMU/Oklahoma/Baylor/TCU/Kansas/KSU/ISU/Ok. State/LSU all either have new coaches or entrenched coaches. So unless he leaves for one of the coasts or up north, idk where he would go.

I hate SMU. Period. I won’t ever wish them well. I hope we ruin their season. Their fans are entitled a-holes. Worst time I’ve ever had at an away game was the 2016 game and it didn’t have anything to do with the outcome of the game.

5 Likes

As giddy as SMU is right now, if Sonny has a season like Herman’s 2015 he will definitely get paid. This is their chance. Wells is solid at Tech and the other P6 reams in TX are locked down.

Right there with you. I just like Sonny as a coach. But SMU are a jerk-ton of jack-holes.

3 Likes

Arkansas maybe?

That’s a good guess.

It would be funny because they hired SMU’s last coach lol

1 Like

Don’t know. I figure Yurachek will hire Apple Boy !!

2 Likes