So I have a question

Corrected it. Thanks

Come on man. Part of being a fan, means “fanatic”. Your opinion is no more valid than his.

I was at the 2011 CUSA Championship game. He deserves every last boo that rains down upon him for that travesty of a game.

8 Likes

Remember when we were undefeated and lost to UConn

Seriously, though
 Ruck Fice!

So you skipped over the facts part to pick on the next part? I’m pretty sure if one opinion is based on facts and another is based on conjecture, the first one is more valid. It’s not like a debate on if Ed or Bryson is the best athlete on the team.

Sumlin deserves the boos
he cost the University a ton of money and cost the Program some prestige with his act during the week before the Championship Game.

15 Likes

I think there will be some excitement with the new Rice staff and would guess the crowd would be 50/50ish. We’ve thought we were going to spank them at Rice Stadium before and didn’t do it. They have played us really well there. Of course, the recent examples of that was in the Todd Graham and the best part of the David Baliff era. That said, no one expected them to be good in 2006 either.

Yeah, it’s not like I’m predicting Rice to win. I’m just saying, Rice fans that have been around probably are not going into this game with the sense of hopelessness as was predicted by one. Now if Rice loses or struggles badly to PVAM, those feelings could change.

Jarred Dillard
that WR that killed us at RICE.

1 Like

If Bloomgren stays for more than 2 years, Rice will eventually be a tough out in their league.

And Sumlin deserves every bit of what’s coming to him. Every farking bit of it.

6 Likes

Diehard, this is an honest question. Why can’t we enjoy Sumlin’s winning ways, but think he’s a complete A-hole for how he left this team? He had a chance to be a fan favorite into eternity by putting A&M off until the season was over and sticking with his current team through the end of the season. He chose to put his career ahead of a boat load of seniors on the precipice of a BCS game, completely crapped the bed, and then wasn’t even man enough to stay for the bowl game. On the other hand, the coach who beat him (Larry Fedora) was also on his way out, but somehow found a way to be a man, prepare his team to beat us and then coached his team in their bowl game before moving on to UNC. So I don’t want to hear any crap about recruiting, blah, blah, blah. Yes I’m glad he put us back on the map with some significant wins and an exciting offense, but because of the way he left (and without any discernible remorse, I might add), he will always be a Grade A jackass in my mind. I may not boo him in a few weeks, but I will NEVER clap or cheer for that man.

15 Likes

didn’t say you couldn’t. i fully expect him to be booed. i personally wont be booing him.

1 Like

Who would UH fans boo more
Sumlin or Herman?

For me the answer is Sumlin.

Both, equally.

6 Likes

Let’s put it this way
if both were sitting side by side ON FIRE and I had just drank a gallon beer, I wouldn’t piss on either one of them to put them out !!!

Although, I might fan the flame on Herman more because he took his coaches before the bowl game.

3 Likes

UH fans would boo herman more cause of how he left and the fact he went to texas. i personally am not salty he left so i wouldn’t boo either.

Please don’t take Rice lightly. Do we not remember that UTSA game?

2 Likes

The difference is I don’t think there’s any chance our players will take Rice lightly. Doesn’t really matter whether we do or not.

1 Like

I think you haven’t been a Cougar fan long enough. Most Cougars i know despise A&M with almost as much vigor as UT. Also, the way Sumlin left (mentally), the week of our conference championship blowing that game and a chance at our first ever BCS bowl was way worse than Herman in my opinion. Add how Sumlin bragged about how recruits that never answered the phone while he was at UH are answering his phone calls now.

3 Likes